P1000 Color change

Spencer357

Spencer357

Sep 15, 2021
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know there is a lot of talk on here about this already but I couldn’t find what I’m looking for. I have a 2021 p1k5 in red and I’m wanting to go with silver but when I look up the panels on several different websites none of them tell me the color and there is no pictures so I have no idea what they are. Can anyone please help me with this?

Reactions: Lady01
russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
I know there is a lot of talk on here about this already but I couldn’t find what I’m looking for. I have a 2021 p1k5 in red and I’m wanting to go with silver but when I look up the panels on several different websites none of them tell me the color and there is no pictures so I have no idea what they are. Can anyone please help me with this?
You may have to look at year models different than yours, that's what I had to do when going from camo to proton blue.

Spencer357

Spencer357

Sep 15, 2021
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So you want the 2016 silver?

They made a matte silver for the LE models as well
the 2016 silver sounds cheaper lol
To be honest I would rather have any color than red I thought I liked it when I got it but now it just doesn’t look right. So now I know to look for panels under a 2016. Do you know how I can tell if it’s the silver? I’m guessing it’s in the part number?

Spencer357

Spencer357

Sep 15, 2021
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Need pics of machine ….?

Have u considered getting painted/silver matte wrap and most importantly the power loss by not having red?
Lol il take the power loss. I did think abt paint or a wrap but I’m pretty hard on mine in the woods and a silver buggy with red scratches everywhere would drive me CRAZY

H

HondaTech

the 2016 silver sounds cheaper lol
To be honest I would rather have any color than red I thought I liked it when I got it but now it just doesn’t look right. So now I know to look for panels under a 2016. Do you know how I can tell if it’s the silver? I’m guessing it’s in the part number?

Most online parts fiches don't differentiate colors in the parts list. Unless you know what color is what part number.

The dealer level fiche is the only one I know that let's you pick color first.

advertisement
DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Lol il take the power loss. I did think abt paint or a wrap but I’m pretty hard on mine in the woods and a silver buggy with red scratches everywhere would drive me CRAZY
a Honda not being red would drive me crazy - lol

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I can speak from experience, the camo is white underneath it after scratches and sun peeling. In my opinion; that was a dumb idea from Honda. They should have used black filled plastic under the camo. It would look better.

With that being said I plan on doing a camo style vinyl wrap at some point. My thought process is that a vinyl pattern scratched would be busy enough to hide them versus something that is a single color with scratches that stand out.

Spencer357

Spencer357

Sep 15, 2021
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I can speak from experience, the camo is white underneath it after scratches and sun peeling. In my opinion; that was a dumb idea from Honda. They should have used black filled plastic under the camo. It would look better.

With that being said I plan on doing a camo style vinyl wrap at some point. My thought process is that a vinyl pattern scratched would be busy enough to hide them versus something that is a single color with scratches that stand out.
I didn’t know the camo was white underneath. I would think Honda would be smarter than that. I love the pioneer tho after a little over 4000 miles the only big thing I don’t like is the color haha I guess that’s just me being picky. I’m gonna call the dealer tomorrow and see if I can get part numbers for the 2016 silver panels.

Reactions: Robobrainiac
Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The Red is fastest to turn pink. If they don't have the silver color for 2016 buy the white. I have a white 2016 and was able to slow it down to a controllable speed by adding some red here and there. If you go with the white,be extra careful! 🤣
IMG 0343

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I really like the look of the white but I’m afraid the Georgia red clay I ride in from time to time will stain it.
I would think the lighter color white would be less likely to show scratches than a darker color. If you were afraid of it staining you could spray it first with something like SC-1.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!