alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
Has anyone tried rerouting the air filter to under the hood, like the P1000? I just view the current location on the P500 in a vulnerable location for my application(s).

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
Let me clarify, I am referring to rerouting the inlet only, so running a hose from the existing inlet, under the seat and up under the good, likely a bit higher than stock but completely out of the way...

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
For sure could be done and I considered it when I first got mine as the factory intake is sooo in a dust receiving area. Underhood I was concerned about dust potential, water ingestion from puddles, deep water crossings and opted for 1/2 way up the rear of my cab. Have pix in my link for what I did. In addition I wanted to leave room for underhood storage, e steering and auxiliary battery etc. Plus 1/2 way up cab seemed easier to do.

Cheers,
j

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
P5 set up is more ideal for installing a snorkel than a P1 IMO. Why not just snorkel it and be done?

I am planning on putting a rear windshield in, so I do not want to snorkel it behind the cab and have dust trapped in the area because of the vortex effect, which means it would be sucking it in; however, I would consider a snorkel up front, just want it in the cleanest air possible.

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I'll be doing mine..this winter
got a couple ideas...I'm in
the desert...so water not an
issue...pics to come....

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
I'll be doing mine..this winter
got a couple ideas...I'm in
the desert...so water not an
issue...pics to come....

I will likely do something soon as the weather breaks this or next week....

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!