crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
Hi all,

I'm planning a lot of adventures in the desert and mountains for the next few years. I'm looking to see if anyone knows of a replacement filter for the P520.

I did a search and found a video from 2017 where a familiar member did an install of a K&N air filter on a P500. Funny thing is, I go to the K&N website and there is no listing for an air filter, only the oil filter. Any idea why?

Thanks as always!

Rob

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

I have two of them that I rotate. They sell a precharger that fits it too.

Last edited:
Keebler

Keebler

Nov 1, 2020
St Charles, Mo
Ownership

1. 500
I bought a second foam filter and carry that with me on long rides. on the 320 mile rimrocker ride I changed to the backup filter at the half way point and it wasn't really dirty enough to need changed, even after riding several very dusty days. One point on K&N verses foam, the K&N is a hard frame gauze filter that takes up much more storage space and requires a spray can of oil to recharge the filter. The foam filter can be pre-oiled and squished down in a zip-lock baggie to stay clean and ready for use and doesn't take up much space. Cleaning can be done with dawn dish soap and recharged with a small packet of oil. On the AZPT I plan on taking the foam filter spare and a couple packets of oil for recharging.

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
I bought a second foam filter and carry that with me on long rides. on the 320 mile rimrocker ride I changed to the backup filter at the half way point and it wasn't really dirty enough to need changed, even after riding several very dusty days. One point on K&N verses foam, the K&N is a hard frame gauze filter that takes up much more storage space and requires a spray can of oil to recharge the filter. The foam filter can be pre-oiled and squished down in a zip-lock baggie to stay clean and ready for use and doesn't take up much space. Cleaning can be done with dawn dish soap and recharged with a small packet of oil. On the AZPT I plan on taking the foam filter spare and a couple packets of oil for recharging.
Good to know and makes perfect sense.

Reactions: RLC59
crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520

I have two of them that I rotate. They sell a precharger that fits it too.
I still am a bit fuzzy if the filter is any different between the P500 and the P520. If it is the same, then I have my answer. I know there is a big difference where the p500 air box is mounted vs the P520.

As always, thanks everyone for the responses.

Rob

S

Splorin

Oct 14, 2018
Maine
Ownership

1. 500
Rob, contact K&N to see if one is in the works or even available but not listed yet. I always seal them with a little silicone grease. The big thing on 500's is the need to snorkel to minimize the dust ingestion. Not familiar with the 520 intake design. Hopefully better.....

waynester

waynester

Feb 19, 2022
Ga, USA
Ownership

1. 520
Sorry I have not looked at mine, but I seeing a round one AND a half round with flat side. Round P520and Half round P500 ?

Last edited:
waynester

waynester

Feb 19, 2022
Ga, USA
Ownership

1. 520
answered my own question, 520 filter is round 20220330 131227 resized

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!