P700 Retro 17' Power Steering to 16' and prior?

V

vwprostock

Apr 15, 2016
Flower Mound, TX
Anyone see a parts fische/pic yet on 2017 700's with power steering? My gut says it will fit the older ones but of course want to lay the parts pics side by side to see first.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Anyone see a parts fische/pic yet on 2017 700's with power steering? My gut says it will fit the older ones but of course want to lay the parts pics side by side to see first.

Why not just get the aftermarket power steering? There are many people that have it and I have not heard of anyone having a failure yet.

I could see doing the retrofit if the Honda parts were a lot better or cheaper but We don't know the answer to question yet.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
V

vwprostock

Apr 15, 2016
Flower Mound, TX
Nothing against it, but every now and then the OEM stuff is cheaper and maybe a tad better, who knows. Worth looking at first.

Reactions: joeymt33
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Nothing against it, but every now and then the OEM stuff is cheaper and maybe a tad better, who knows. Worth looking at first.
It probably is a little better but it'll be a lot more after everything is bought. It's probably tied into the wiring harness as well. The aftermarket unit we had was seamless and very easy install.

H

HondaTech

In this case, the aftermarket has Honda beat in price. The P1K steering motor alone is $830, the control unit (computer) is $500 and the wiring harness is $630. Your already at $2K and that doesn't include the dash with the PS light or the steering shaft to replace the non-eps one. So it's not cheap or easy.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!