BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yep, those are great, but he won’t make us doors either.
Dam, that's the way I was thinking of going more my Forte wish I had time it's on my list of stuff to build

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: CumminsPusher
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Dam, that's the I was thinking of going more my Forte wish I had time it's on my list of stuff to build

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk
Oh I know it, I don’t have the time either. I need to buy something. But I’m still waiting for something to come along that I’m willing to spend the money on. ;)

Reactions: BWAF
Brett002

Brett002

Feb 28, 2017
Bangladesh
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon R
IMG 1668
Oh I know it, I don’t have the time either. I need to buy something. But I’m still waiting for something to come along that I’m willing to spend the money on. ;)

Brett002

Brett002

Feb 28, 2017
Bangladesh
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon R
They aren't that hard to make with 1/2" pt plywood... Just thought I'd throw this pic up to help some of you with the colder temps starting to hit who want something now. I threw these together pretty quick one Saturday morning before a ride. Version 2.0 will be way mo betta. The clear in the center of the door is material from where I work "tent window material". I'm sure other materials will work.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
They aren't that hard to make with 1/2" pt plywood... Just thought I'd throw this pic up to help some of you with the colder temps starting to hit who want something now. I threw these together pretty quick one Saturday morning before a ride. Version 2.0 will be way mo betta. The clear in the center of the door is material from where I work "tent window material". I'm sure other materials will work.
Ok, when it’s convenient for you, would you mind posting more pics including close ups in and out, hinge and latch details and tightness of the seal around them? Do they open with the factory door or independently. Always nice to see the ingenuity at work around here. Thank you very much.

Brett002

Brett002

Feb 28, 2017
Bangladesh
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon R
Ok, when it’s convenient for you, would you mind posting more pics including close ups in and out, hinge and latch details and tightness of the seal around them? Do they open with the factory door or independently. Always nice to see the ingenuity at work around here. Thank you very much.

They open gull wing style. Simply attach with two large zip ties to the factory rops at the tops of both doors. Had three at first but two works fine. Simple installation and removal. The key is to keep them tight to the two front vertical rops section or have a flap or seal that comes over them from the windshield. Just like a vent visor on your pickup. This keeps the both the air and the water out. I have found this is where the cold air likes to come in.

There is a build in a thread around here somewhere... I'll see of I can't locate it and attach it here. They work well. The looks you get when you pass people all bundled up and your in a short sleeve inside is hilarious. Remove all heat shield under seat and it gets too hot for me in Fl. but I'm sure some of the people up north and Canadia will appreciate the warmth.

Still in the 80's here but when the time comes for version 2.0 I'll will do a build on them as well. I have some better ideas for the closure. Maybe even a gas strut for some assistance.

Brett002

Brett002

Feb 28, 2017
Bangladesh
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon R
They open gull wing style. Simply attach with two large zip ties to the factory rops at the tops of both doors. Had three at first but two works fine. Simple installation and removal. The key is to keep them tight to the two front vertical rops section or have a flap or seal that comes over them from the windshield. Just like a vent visor on your pickup. This keeps the both the air and the water out. I have found this is where the cold air likes to come in.

There is a build in a thread around here somewhere... I'll see of I can't locate it and attach it here. They work well. The looks you get when you pass people all bundled up and your in a short sleeve inside is hilarious. Remove all heat shield under seat and it gets too hot for me in Fl. but I'm sure some of the people up north and Canadia will appreciate the warmth.

Still in the 80's here but when the time comes for version 2.0 I'll will do a build on them as well. I have some better ideas for the closure. Maybe even a gas strut for some assistance.

Just checked, build is in my garage. I don't have them installed yet but when I do I'll get ya some pics.

widopenspaces

widopenspaces

Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2023
Wellington, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I completed enclosing my 3-seater today with fabric upper doors by CEC Enclosures. $385 shipped. I have Honda glass, roof and hard rear panel.

View attachment 93053

I considered the Honda OEM hard doors but way too much. Then the Honda OEM upper fabric doors but a number of people didn't seem pleased with them, mostly with the installation. They also didn't seem to seal up well. I liked the CEC ones but I gotta be honest, at first I didn't know if I was going to like zipping in and zipping out each time, like getting in and out of a tent. Because of the zipper design the whole things seals up really well, much better than the Honda OEM.

View attachment 93054

Installation took just over an hour. It is a series of straps that snaps the fabric around the ROPS. I had to loosen the clamps to slip the straps under the windshield and roof. Most of them I had plenty of room to get around the extend vent lines and electrical lines I have zip tied to the ROPS. I had problem with two straps in the same spot on both doors. One strap was way too long and one was way to short up in the top rear corner where I couldn't snap it. I don't know why. Very minor and still very functional.

View attachment 93055

Then you have to install snaps into the the lower door and base of the windshield. Easy to do. I own a boat and deal with canvass and snaps all the time. A really nice fit. You could easily transport this at 90 mph and it's not going anywhere, very air and water tight. To get in and out, you have to zip open the window, reach in and open the door. It is an extra step to get in and out but I think worth it because everything seals up so well. There is a way to roll the window up and strap it to the lower door.

I kinda wish I could just zipper the window right off but I have a feeling if they did that, it would become unzippered each time you opened the door. Then you'd have to thread the zipper each time. Removing the window would also prevent damage if I trail ride. I think taking them off and on will shorten to 20 minutes now that know the process and the snaps are in place. I heard the Honda upper doors are a pain to take off and back on. I'll probably only have them on December through February or March.

Overall I am very pleased with the design and workmanship. CEC was great to deal with. I think this is going to work very well for me.
In looking at the website, it says $440 for one unit. Is that one door, or both doors for one buggy?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
In looking at the website, it says $440 for one unit. Is that one door, or both doors for one buggy?
This is an old thread, Nov 2018. Don't think any of them will answer. I've got the CEC enclosure, side mirrors are to see, cuts down on visibility, but they seal up well and you can trailer with them.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!