P1000 Rhino Axles - What are your thoughts?

nitzo

nitzo

Lifetime Member
Aug 16, 2019
East Coast, Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have that torn axle boot that I still haven't replaced. Well, now I'm thinking that I was going to, at some point, go with the Rhino's. I could just as easy do it now. What do ya'll think of replacing the stock ones with the Rhino's? Can I get by with doing just the front? Should I do both front and back? Also, anyone have a good tutorial on replacing axles. Thanks

aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
One of my machines has HighLifter forward arched a arms, 3” HL bracket lift, Fox shocks, 31” OutBack Max’s and on stock axles and have never broken one.
The other one has Cfab arched a arms with built in lift, 3” SATV bracket lift, 30” OutBack Max’s and have now broken three front axles. Stock one broke on 100% factory setup so upgraded to Rhino. Then broke Rhino running just bracket lift. Next broke Rhino on new Cfab setup and bracket lift.
I know Rhinos are supposed to be upgrade but as long as I can replace stock with stock I will

Reactions: nitzo and TripleB
aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
While they do warranty the axle it takes a few weeks for the process and costs $50 replacement fee plus another 25$ if they make you send it in. And we have ride this weekend and if I want to make it with both machines I will have to buy an axle put right to have it in time
F0473B4E 6C23 4F1E 8582 D5F57C1C2B79
F33DE707 9AA0 4390 8BD4 F8A2C29DBEBC

Reactions: nitzo and TripleB
SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
Spring for the Rhino 2.0s. Definitely the best bang for the buck in the whole axle game. The originals are better than stock, but the 2.0 is a real step up. Its designed to be as strong as possible, but to also remain the "fuse" that goes before wrecking a tranny or diff.

Plus...we just changed our warranty policy, so its super simple and quick now. Just need pics and an order number. Turnaround is super fast. No more shipping them in.

• Love
Reactions: NTCPrezJB and nitzo
aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Spring for the Rhino 2.0s. Definitely the best bang for the buck in the whole axle game. The originals are better than stock, but the 2.0 is a real step up. Its designed to be as strong as possible, but to also remain the "fuse" that goes before wrecking a tranny or diff.

Plus...we just changed our warranty policy, so its super simple and quick now. Just need pics and an order number. Turnaround is super fast. No more shipping them in.

Same policy on 1.0? I really need one by this weekend

Reactions: SuperATV
D

DDDonkey

I have the 1.0's on just the front and they are doing fine. The reason I got them, is I installed the SATV a-arms on with no steering stops, and I run 814 shocks that give me a few inches of lift. I am very careful when I lock the front end, and unlock it as soon as I don't need it locked, but have run all over the Glamis dunes in 4wd with no issues. If I break one or when I upgrade the rears I will get the 2.0's.

Reactions: SuperATV
aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My warranty axle just went out from SATV and should have by the weekend. And didn’t have to send it in like before. Good deal to me

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
My warranty axle just went out from SATV and should have by the weekend. And didn’t have to send it in like before. Good deal to me
Hell yeah! You're ahead of my response! Lol!
Yeah, same warranty procedure for the standard Rhino and the Rhino 2.0s.
Rhino - 1 year
Rhino 2.0 - 18 months.

Reactions: TripleB
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I mailed my broke 2.0 back on 12/27 only to find out the policy changed a few days later... Kinda sucks because I wanted to keep it for a spare and possibly save another warranty return if the shaft or other cv broke and I could have used the old parts.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!