Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Well, we’re 2 weeks out from the ride, just a quick heads up for the new guys that haven’t been make sure to get your ride permits either on line or when you get there. You will also want a cooler for drinks and food with you on the trails. On the Friday ride to the prison, I do believe we will be eating at the restaurant there called the wardens table but wouldn’t hurt to bring Samich stuff just in case we make a wrong turn in Albuquerque, looking forward to meeting a lot of you and seeing others again, can’t wait.😁
I'm guiding a group of 12 machines there again this Friday, from Exit 141 at truckstop leaving 9AM I usually roll into Brushy Mountain about 1:30-2:30PM if taking the full trail route (Probably my 8th time since June). I have 2 options that can shorten it by 1 or 2 hours for arrivel if we have problems or slow pokes.

Had this dude a few weeks ago in a RZR PRO XP 181HP all geeked up about how fast it was, he couldn't keep up with the me trying to average 15 mph. I've taken 12 yr olds on ATVs that ran faster than him. 😖

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
All who wander are not lost 👍

That said and over a dozen groups to the Brushy Mountain Pennetentiary since. There are two primary routes you can go. With an optional 3rd that includes Eternal Flame.

All below from Pilot truck stop at exit 141

The mostly trail route does take you by Caryville flats, through Windrock, by the windmills, then out on trail G7 at the New River Train. Finally TN Hwy 116 from train to BMP. This is 54 miles one way. This is about 6 hours with stops.

The shortest and all winding road way running about 25-30 mph is 42 miles one way. This is about 2 hours with 1 or 2 stops.

The long route via Eternal Flame either to or from can vary from 60 to 70 miles depending upon amount of trails or roads used. It can vary from 4 to 6 hours one way.

When going by trail, the first route, there is an option to cut 2.5 hours off if running short on time, figured this one out in a downpour with ATV riders poking ass along at 7 mph avg.

Typically I have taken the trails route there in good weather, after people get their fill of Warden's table grub or moonshine samples take the road way back this is an 11 hour 110 mile round trip with all stops.

Shortest round trip is 84 miles in about 6 hours including 2 hrs at BMP.

Obviously the bigger the group the slower the avg speed ( almost always).
Are u gonna guide this ride Friday for sure? I vote for the route that goes by the eternal flame. I don't know exactly how many years it's been burning but I work with a guy from Scott County that graduated in 1977. He said it was burning the whole time that he was in high school. Thats since 1974. I'm gonna tag along either way, I just think thats pretty cool that its been burning for at least 40+ years. I know some of these guys would wanna do it.

EMAW

EMAW

Mama Tried!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 3, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm guiding a group of 12 machines there again this Friday, from Exit 141 at truckstop leaving 9AM I usually roll into Brushy Mountain about 1:30-2:30PM if taking the full trail route (Probably my 8th time since June). I have 2 options that can shorten it by 1 or 2 hours for arrivel if we have problems or slow pokes.

Had this dude a few weeks ago in a RZR PRO XP 181HP all geeked up about how fast it was, he couldn't keep up with the me trying to average 15 mph. I've taken 12 yr olds on ATVs that ran faster than him. 😖

Dang, sounds like some Polaris owners we occasionally hang out with! 😁

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm considering taking both the Twins.

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
I have 2 options that can shorten it by 1 or 2 hours for arrivel if we have problems or slow pokes.
@JACKAL Looking at the list of people signed up, your going to be pulling in to the prison about the time the last in line is leaving the Chinease restaurant.
You know me, I'm easy for what we achieve or don't.
But if your planing a secret departure time to cull the herd please post it up here so i know.

DrShotgun

DrShotgun

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 20, 2020
Southern Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5

We will be hammer down keeping close to whoever is in front of us! We are ready to cover ground and see cool sh!t!

DrShotgun

DrShotgun

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 20, 2020
Southern Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well, we’re 2 weeks out from the ride, just a quick heads up for the new guys that haven’t been make sure to get your ride permits either on line or when you get there. You will also want a cooler for drinks and food with you on the trails. On the Friday ride to the prison, I do believe we will be eating at the restaurant there called the wardens table but wouldn’t hurt to bring Samich stuff just in case we make a wrong turn in Albuquerque, looking forward to meeting a lot of you and seeing others again, can’t wait.😁

Are most people buying hunting license or the ride pass?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Are u gonna guide this ride Friday for sure? I vote for the route that goes by the eternal flame. I don't know exactly how many years it's been burning but I work with a guy from Scott County that graduated in 1977. He said it was burning the whole time that he was in high school. Thats since 1974. I'm gonna tag along either way, I just think thats pretty cool that its been burning for at least 40+ years. I know some of these guys would wanna do it.

Absolutely I will take a group Friday via the Eternal Flame route bypassing all of Windrock, I plan on being free that Thursday through Saturday to ride with anybody and take them wherever the want to go. Town Rock is getting to be an entertaining affair, one DEEP water hole and a washout 50 yards from it is a 2 wheel affair up and back down o_O but that's for another day.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I got the year round passes/permits when I went riding at Tacket Creek a couple months ago. Less a PITA if you ride there more than once per year.

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I’m for whatever we get to do and see, I do know the more buggies the slower the trip, (sometimes) I’m with @TripleB, I wouldn’t mind if we did the eternal flame. Since I’ve not been to any of those places yet, I’m easy like Sunday morning.

JayPo

JayPo

Somewhat Well-Known Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 15, 2020
Tennessee
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I believe that in order to ride an ATV or Side By Side on the designated public roads around the RRB area, you must be wearing a helmet and have proof of liability insurance. I cannot find anything official on the internet, however when I was up there in April I was told by the TWRA Rangers that this was the case. Maybe someone that rides there more often can confirm or deny this rule.

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I believe that in order to ride an ATV or Side By Side on the designated public roads around the RRB area, you must be wearing a helmet and have proof of liability insurance. I cannot find anything official on the internet, however when I was up there in April I was told by the TWRA Rangers that this was the case. Maybe someone that rides there more often can confirm or deny this rule.
When we were there in may we brought helmets but didn’t wear them when on the road, and most people in SXS’s didn’t either, even passed a deputy with no problem, I was told that if your not being a dick you shouldn’t have a problem. That’s your call, you are supposed to wear one when on the roads.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!