NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wife was responsible for the first stop and the 3y/o said he was going to poop his pants if we didnā€™t stop again.
That would have been a crappy situation.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Awesome! I reported on board the Pulaski at NN Dec 7 '82. You were probably there.

Since you are a Nuke guy, I'll be having some questions for you this weekend. Ive been studying an idea, but I need some info on Neutron Generators. Look forward to meeting you!
We may have passed each other for sure during neutron shield surveys.

Got some light rain today on SE TN, maybe it will reach RRB to knock down the dust for them.
On the lighter side of show spin offs, first came Beverly Hillbillies, Petticoat Junction, and then Green Acres.

54306FE6 985B 4E87 A1B2 AE0C78AF33B0

Last edited:
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Ok trying to get a group together for a timed departure is like herding cats, especially via online forum. But here goes.

Ideally need to depart from El Ray's Mexican restaurant tomorrow morning at 9AM sharp so we can get back by dark. That means everyone already topped off with fuel , ice, etc. I will be there about 8:30 AM in the morning.

I will be monitoring FRS/GMRS Channel 7 same frequency as all the little handheld radios you get get every where.

Please always make sure the driver of the machine behind you sees which way you are turning, I can only track about 10 machines back with any luck by myself. I will not intentionally leave anyone behind and need everyone else to have the same mindset.

Thre round trip loop will be right at 100 miles, I have taken dozens of Pioneers and Talons and not one has ever run out of gas if they were full when we left. On this route you may only need 4WD in about a 6 mile section, the rest turf mode gets the job done easily. About halfway there we will have a 6 mile lengthy hill climb that has some rock ledges and washouts in 2 sections, these will need your attention in wheel placement, in 40 machines I have brought this way in past 2 weeks only 1 flipped on its side.

I have 2 spare radios that hopefully someone in the middle and the last machine will use if they don't have one already, that way we can stop and get through without leaving people way back or losing anyone. I had 4 machines my last group take a wrong turn , had to stop everyone for an hour, found them in the edge of Brimstone 5 miles the wrong way.

That said everyone had a great time.

Planned route is to go to Eternal Flame, then west and south by mostly trail to Brushy Mountain Pennetentiary, eat & let everyone look around then head back by 5pm stopping at New River Train for pictures etc. and back to exit 141

My cell # is (618) 204-3229 Bob Stovall , much of our route will be no cell service until on mountain tops.

The route is below, Top right is from RRB, bottom left is Brushy Mountain, run loop counterclockwise.
20200918 203817

Yes there is a lot of places to make a wrong turn.....

20200924 113701

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!