Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
For those riding tomorrow that want me to show them around Sundquist unit meet at Mexican restaurant at 10AM. Will hit waterfalls, rock formations, caves, etc. Will be able to adapt route for about a 6 to 8 hr ride and get back to your accommodations by evening dinner.

Me, I'm packing a subway sandwich for lunch on the trails somewhere.
It pains me greatly, to say your a good ole poop!

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
It pains me greatly, to say your a good ole poop!
Hey don't go ruining my bad reputation 😝. I don't think the crew with me today will ever believe the phrase, " it gets easier from here" no sooner we conquer one slick muddy obstacle they find more to keep from getting bored. I think it was a conspiracy to make me lose weight and miss my dinner. Never underestimate the perseverance of a hungry fat man getting to a great meal. 🤣

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey don't go ruining my bad reputation 😝. I don't think the crew with me today will ever believe the phrase, " it gets easier from here" no sooner we conquer one slick muddy obstacle they find more to keep from getting bored. I think it was a conspiracy to make me lose weight and miss my dinner. Never underestimate the perseverance of a hungry fat man getting to a great meal. 🤣
Fatsquatches unite!

DrShotgun

DrShotgun

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 20, 2020
Southern Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think I lost my 4wd lock isn’t working anymore. At least the light isn’t coming on saying it’s locked. Can this be regained by adjusting the shift box or is it something else?

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
LOOK! A new word that I didn’t make up, but sounds like I did!!!
CB9D7544 E7C4 46E1 8BED 9CD9C7F41168

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I think I lost my 4wd lock isn’t working anymore. At least the light isn’t coming on saying it’s locked. Can this be regained by adjusting the shift box or is it something else?
Yes, it could be from all the use yesterday on the inclines they could use some adjustment. Always best to try and shift modes before getting in a pickle or after so there is least amount of strain on the engagement components as well as the cable actuation system.

However a trick that works often is go from 2WD or Turf mode into just 4WD, once that indicator is set only then shift over to 4WD Lock. Also that dash indicator just doesn't instantly change, it requires movement in order to physically work inside the differentials. When I go to Turf mode, it sometimes takes a couple of minutes to indicate unlocking rear differential, but it always does.

In all honesty, nothing we were in yesterday afternoon makes a difference, locking up the front end in those situations just makes it harder to maneuver around rocks & ruts. The wet slick mud on the rocks was the problem, regular 4WD is your best option 95% of the time.

That said there is a few good threads on here on correctly adjusting the cable box, a little goes a long way and too much adjustment can negatively affect the other drive modes.

Last edited:
Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not only will we not believe the phrase “it gets easier from here”, we won’t believe the phrase “the rain will stop around 9”. (Technically the rain did stop around 9... 9 PM)
80FB8C46 6329 4E12 9064 B2F7BABFA7DA
E8E92312 F70D 43C2 AAA9 7BDD8E4D9C7B

before and after, the buggy had more mud inside than outside... boss says “you are getting mud busters when we get home.”

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!