Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hey don't go ruining my bad reputation 😝. I don't think the crew with me today will ever believe the phrase, " it gets easier from here" no sooner we conquer one slick muddy obstacle they find more to keep from getting bored. I think it was a conspiracy to make me lose weight and miss my dinner. Never underestimate the perseverance of a hungry fat man getting to a great meal. 🤣
it gets easier from here became.a joke but we all wouldn't trade it for anything. 2 hrs to go about a half mile good times .

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
PXL 20200926 191436312
PXL 20200926 203107451
PXL 20200926 191407688
PXL 20200926 185921220
PXL 20200926 181612452PANO
PXL 20200926 172510596

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Ok, I just got back from the Hospital where they flew @100Acre

He was running rear in our group of 15 machines Saturday and about 4pm they noticed he wasn't behind the group. Long story short, he took a very slick off camber and his Pioneer slid and hit a bottom rut hard enough to eject him from the vehicle harshly.

Dr. indicate he has a few cracked ribs which of course only hurts when you breathe. Not ruling out other injuries until more tests come in.

Thanks to the great group of members you got to him first rendering what aid they could to comfort him and notifying EMS he needed emergency medical assistance.

Thanks to the other group that got his machine trail worthy so it could be driven back the camp.

Dan's dog Bayleaf was pretty traumatized, doesn't appear to be injured, she calmed down lying on the couch wondering what going on.
Resized 20200926 212115

Many thanks to Campbell County EMS who showed up 6 miles from nearest road on a customized Honda Pioneer 1000-5 no less and got him off the trails and to the ambulance.

20200926 181044
20200926 190555

@Hondasxs and I will be packing all his camping gear and load his trailer Sunday morning at 9:30 AM. Cant remember who took his machine to thier cabin but will find you in the morning to load it up.

Plan is when Dan is discharged I will pick him up and he can stay with me until he feels like driving or I will drive him and his truck to his place in NC when he is up to it.

I'm as guilty as anyone about not wearing my seat belt, but this is a stark reminder anything can go wrong in an instant catching us unprepared.

gparks

gparks

Aug 10, 2020
Asheville NC
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV

He was running rear in our group of 15 machines Saturday and about 4pm they noticed he wasn't behind the group. Long story short, he took a very slick off camber and his Pioneer slid and hit a bottom rut hard enough to eject him from the vehicle harshly.

Dr. indicate he has a few cracked ribs which of course only hurts when you breathe. Not ruling out other injuries until more tests come in.

Thanks to the great group of members you got to him first rendering what aid they could to comfort him and notifying EMS he needed emergency medical assistance.

Thanks to the other group that got his machine trail worthy so it could be driven back the camp.

Dan's dog Bayleaf was pretty traumatized, doesn't appear to be injured, she calmed down lying on the couch wondering what going on.
View attachment 226660

Many thanks to Campbell County EMS who showed up 6 miles from nearest road on a customized Honda Pioneer 1000-5 no less and got him off the trails and to the ambulance.

View attachment 226661View attachment 226662

@Hondasxs and I will be packing all his camping gear and load his trailer Sunday morning at 9:30 AM. Cant remember who took his machine to thier cabin but will find you in the morning to load it up.

Plan is when Dan is discharged I will pick him up and he can stay with me until he feels like driving or I will drive him and his truck to his place in NC when he is up to it.

I'm as guilty as anyone about not wearing my seat belt, but this is a stark reminder anything can go wrong in an instant catching us unprepared.
Thanks for the update tell Fan we will keep him in our prayers 🙏

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 226660

Many thanks to Campbell County EMS who showed up 6 miles from nearest road on a Honda Pioneer 1000-5 no less and got him to the ambulance.

Appreciate the report Jackal.

Cracked/Broken/Bruised ribs all suck. Hopefully that is the extent of the damage for his Gnomeness and he is back on the trails soon.

Thanks to everyone for doing their part to help out where they can. It’s stuff like this that makes this truly the greatest group of people to hang out with.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2

View attachment 226660

Oh no....

Sounds like he will live to tell the tale, thankfully. If you're gonna crash with a group of people, he picked the right ones.

TitanTom

TitanTom

Forum Rocket Scientist
Lifetime Member
May 31, 2020
NE Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Jackal,

Thank you so much for the update on Dan, the outstanding service you rendered to him today, and finally for the wonderful experience that you provided to all of us lucky enough to make it to the Mayhem.

Tom

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ouch that hurt
I suspect that might be quite the succinct and understatement of a post.

Glad you’re doing well enough to hop on and make a post. Take care of those ribs and all the other sore spots that pop up. Certainly don’t heal as quick as we did at sixteen anymore.

Hopefully your nurse is sexy, single and really into gnomes. 🤣

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Ouch that hurt
Fractured ribs
Hope you are feeling OK this morning Gnome Master. Be thankful that none of those ladies you were trying to court didn't work out. They would be telling you everything you did wrong, how you cannot do this anymore, and you need to sell the Pioneer's....LOL

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Ouch that hurt

Fractured ribs

@100Acre Glad you felt well enough to post, and tell people in your own words. I know your hurting like hell. Once we get your gear secured will be up to see you with clean clothes, phone charger, etc. and hopefully discharged.

Bayleaf is moving slowly too, she's limping with her front legs, seems to pain her crawling not jumping up on couch. Set her up a dog bed with a blanket familiar to her on floor, but she wants to be by someone. Taken just now, she's a great well behaved dog for what she's been through.

20200927 070227

EMAW

EMAW

Mama Tried!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 3, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
100Acre, we wish you have a speedy recovery my friend!!! Will be keeping you in our thoughts and prayers!!

Too all that came to RRB this weekend, it was a PRIVILEGE meeting each and everyone of you! This was a ride none of us will forget!

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!