BOX1 - TEST

P1000 Rifles...

Plongson

Plongson

May 18, 2017
Southern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This turned out to be a great way to carry a rifle in the rig...Ram Mount and a rubber utility gripper from the sports shop. I have about $20 in it and it is fully adjustable.

20170603 141313
20170603 140950

Plongson

Plongson

May 18, 2017
Southern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ha, Thanks for the compliment. Had it for a while and I've done some work to it and it shoots pretty good...Geissele trigger, worked up a nice load and a Trijicon TA31-F along with a SureFire for some light, It raises hell on varmints.

Looks like your's not stock either...LOL

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Ha, Thanks for the compliment. Had it for a while and I've done some work to it and it shoots pretty good...Geissele trigger, worked up a nice load and a Trijicon TA31-F along with a SureFire for some light, It raises hell on varmints.

Nice! Yeah, I went nuts on mine a couple years ago. BCM charging handle, Burris prism scope, BAD lever, bipod and a bunch of Magpul stuff. Mine is the rifle length with the heavy barrel. It's not light but it'll sling a lot of lead flat and true for a long time. Is yours a carbine or rifle length?

Reactions: Windrock1000
J

JTW

Ive got an ACOG on my bushmaster and I love it!! And the Trijicon accupoint is my scope of choice for my bolt guns.

Reactions: Windrock1000
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
nice mount but the gun would be coated with Bull Run mud up past the magwell if you rode with @Delton @joeymt33 etc.;)

I hear that. Nice idea but vulnerable to mud and creeks there. Inside roof probably safest spot.

Plongson

Plongson

May 18, 2017
Southern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's rifle length, my son has a carbine length. We shoot the same load and they perform identical. H335 and 60gr. V-Max does damage on jackrabbits and drops coyotes in their tracts.

As for mud and swamps...ya 'ain't gonna find that out west, especially Nevada...just too dry, so this mounting arrangement works great for me. We have PLENTY of dust though and MUCH easier to clean.

K

kdgtrapper

Jan 9, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This turned out to be a great way to carry a rifle in the rig...Ram Mount and a rubber utility gripper from the sports shop. I have about $20 in it and it is fully adjustable.

View attachment 45498 View attachment 45499

I can find a similar ram mount on amazon for $20 but I can't seem to find anything comparable to your rubber utility gripper? What sports shop you buy from? Or what's name of manufacturer? Would really like one just like that. Nice set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plongson

Plongson

May 18, 2017
Southern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I got it at Sportsman Warehouse. I tossed the box and don't remember the brand, but it's in the gun section and right by all the other gun rack stuff. It's not really designed to be a gun holder but instead a utility gizmo for hanging tools, flashlights and such. It's very soft rubber and made in the good 'Ol USA!! Comes in a 2 pack for $9.00

Let me know if you have trouble finding it, I'll look the next time I'm in SW and get the info.

Where you at in Utah?

K

kdgtrapper

Jan 9, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I got it at Sportsman Warehouse. I tossed the box and don't remember the brand, but it's in the gun section and right by all the other gun rack stuff. It's not really designed to be a gun holder but instead a utility gizmo for hanging tools, flashlights and such. It's very soft rubber and made in the good 'Ol USA!! Comes in a 2 pack for $9.00

Let me know if you have trouble finding it, I'll look the next time I'm in SW and get the info.

Where you at in Utah?

We got a Sportsman's Warehouse where I work in Saint George Utah. I'll go check it out and see if they have it. I live in Kanab, Utah. Don't know if you're familiar with the area? Right next to AZ border, south end, middle of state. Maybe you're from Utah, I didn't even look?
Thanks again for the help and info.

K

kdgtrapper

Jan 9, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Where you at in Utah?

Now I see you're in cedar city. I'm sure you know where Kanab is. Haha. Sorry about the explanation. My brother and sister both live in cedar and my wife's from there. Great place.

Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
Still trying to find a mount for my 50bmg so I can just stick it on the top roll cage. For rouge elephants and dinasours and what not

BIGRACK

BIGRACK

Jan 22, 2016
Dayton Tenn
I can find a similar ram mount on amazon for $20 but I can't seem to find anything comparable to your rubber utility gripper? What sports shop you buy from? Or what's name of manufacturer? Would really like one just like that. Nice set up.

Cabelas sells them in ATV section that where I got mine.

Plongson

Plongson

May 18, 2017
Southern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Now I see you're in cedar city. I'm sure you know where Kanab is. Haha. Sorry about the explanation. My brother and sister both live in cedar and my wife's from there. Great place.

Sorry, kind'a got off topic here...

I got'm in Cedar but St.George is sure to have them, Cedar SW had a whole rack of them.

I wasn't born in Utah but my family has been here for ages. I've tramped all over the west especially Nevada and Utah...love it here and never get tired of exploring. Have a few friends in Kanab too.

One of the latest crazy things I did was go hundreds of feet underground in Nevada in an abandoned mine (which I NEVER do and HIGHLY DISCOURAGE!) with a old hard rock miner friend (who worked this mine and is STILL very familiar with it.) It closed in the mid 1970's and there is still a ton of stuff down there...including 8 cases of OLD dynamite and THOUSANDS of blasting caps. He was very comfortable there ('cause he worked it) but I just wanted to get the FUGG OUT.

Just a couple of photos...

20161018 121712
20161019 110044
20161019 110058
20161019 110933

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Old, unstable dynamite.......... now that will make your heart beat fast if you have to move a box of it!

Plongson

Plongson

May 18, 2017
Southern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When I creaked open that wooden cabinet door and saw those dynamite cases, I nearly soiled myself. I figured just one wrong move and that frigg'n mine was gonn'a be my grave...That stuff is no joke.

Adrenalin rush for sure.

BOX2
box3 - TEST

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!