P1000 Hunters: Ways to carry rifles.

BlueCollarGuy7007

BlueCollarGuy7007

Mar 2, 2016
DFW Texas
Looking for ways to carry my hunting rifles next season. Have a few ARs but more concerned w/ carrying our bolt action rifles, need to be able to carry @ least 2 at a time. So if you have already addressed this issue using what ever Honda has to offer, after market or home made please pass along.
So far have the A-arm covers to protect the CVC boots, added the brush guard, rear bumper & the Honda's Warn winch. This is my next item to address.
Thanks!

Reactions: 100Acre
BlueCollarGuy7007

BlueCollarGuy7007

Mar 2, 2016
DFW Texas
Cabela's 52" TAC Gear UTV Double Gun Case :
I love this case fits two AR's too. Or two rifles with big scopes. Had it for 2 years and so glad i got it.
Checked out the link (thank you) & very cool. Hoping to spare the use of my bed to carry game w/ out getting blood on anything else "0r" can you attach this case to the unit somewhere & it not lay in the dump bed in case I missed something?

Reactions: scott
scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
Checked out the link (thank you) & very cool. Hoping to spare the use of my bed to carry game w/ out getting blood on anything else "0r" can you attach this case to the unit somewhere & it not lay in the dump bed in case I missed something?
It's got straps you put it behind drivers seats on the rollbars. It hangs.

BlueCollarGuy7007

BlueCollarGuy7007

Mar 2, 2016
DFW Texas
It's got straps you put it behind drivers seats on the rollbars. It hangs.
Was wondering if that was the case, like the idea too, temporary & easy to remove. Don't need much of an excuse to make a run to the local Cabela's !!
Thanks Scott.

Reactions: scott
scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
Pics

IMG 8798 IMG 8799 IMG 8800 IMG 8801

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
Was wondering if that was the case, like the idea too, temporary & easy to remove. Don't need much of an excuse to make a run to the local Cabela's !!
Thanks Scott.
It comes with a rain/dust cover too. It's inclosed in a pocket on the back of case. I ordered mine if you ain't close to a cabelas. They was out of stock at the cabelas near me.

Reactions: BlueCollarGuy7007
straycat

straycat

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 28, 2016
rocky point nc
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand

3. Talon X
IM BULIDING A TWO GUN RITE NOW IT WILL HOLD TWO AR'S OR BOLT GUNS UP RITE IN THE CENTER OF DASH AND IT WILL REMOVE BY PULLING A PIN AND IM MAKING A 3 CUP HOLDER THAT YOU CAN PUT IN THE SAME MOUNT WHEN NOT USING GUN RACK THE MICKEY MOUSE CUP HOLDERS THAT HONDA PUT IN ARE USELESS I'LL POST PICS SOON

advertisement
T

TheBob

Feb 15, 2016
North West Arkansas
Cabela's 52" TAC Gear UTV Double Gun Case :
I love this case fits two AR's too. Or two rifles with big scopes. Had it for 2 years and so glad i got it.
FYI, I was on Cabela's website last night, and these cases are on sale for $69 to $79, usually $99 to $109. Camo was sold out, but the black was $69, with free shipping to our "local" store. Son in law can pick it up for me there, so I saved about $40 bucks....yeah!

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
IM BULIDING A TWO GUN RITE NOW IT WILL HOLD TWO AR'S OR BOLT GUNS UP RITE IN THE CENTER OF DASH AND IT WILL REMOVE BY PULLING A PIN AND IM MAKING A 3 CUP HOLDER THAT YOU CAN PUT IN THE SAME MOUNT WHEN NOT USING GUN RACK THE MICKEY MOUSE CUP HOLDERS THAT HONDA PUT IN ARE USELESS I'LL POST PICS SOON
I've been thinking along the same lines.
I dont always have time or dont want to make the noise to open / unzip / extract a gun from a case.
I was thinking of installing a bar from the top front rollbar down to the floor and putting a couple of rhino grips on it to hold rifles.
You gave me another idea - to also put some drink holders on it.
Post pics of your setup when you can.

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
@ghost on that case i don't zip it up i slide my rifle in and go. Holds them fine. I've did a lot of quick draws to shot out it it. It's seconds to have my gun out and shooting. The case opening is right on the side. One rifle goes in on drivers side other passenger.

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
@ghost on that case i don't zip it up i slide my rifle in and go. Holds them fine. I've did a lot of quick draws to shot out it it. It's seconds to have my gun out and shooting. The case opening is right on the side. One rifle goes in on drivers side other passenger.
Ok - thanks for that.
I'll have take a closer look.
Cabelas on the weekend list now :)

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
I have the bag hanging in the back behind the rear seats .I also have a two gun rack above drivers head.Here is a link.
Amazon.com: Quick-drawTM Overhead UTV Gun Rack: Sports & Outdoors

I bought the Honda as a hunting rig.I carry too many rifles sometrimes.Just a bad habit! GRIN
Same reason i bought mine. I use a bow too so i had to leave the overhead open for a bow rack space. I've just left rifles in a hard case and put them in bed if the case was full. Only have to do that when buddies come along. I'm going to buy a front hood rack and put a gun mount there too.

Reactions: Hawk53
Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Looking for ways to carry my hunting rifles next season. Have a few ARs but more concerned w/ carrying our bolt action rifles, need to be able to carry @ least 2 at a time. So if you have already addressed this issue using what ever Honda has to offer, after market or home made please pass along.
So far have the A-arm covers to protect the CVC boots, added the brush guard, rear bumper & the Honda's Warn winch. This is my next item to address.
Thanks!
Before you make a purchase check your state law regarding carrying rifles on a HOV, below is the law for Colorado

Upload 2016 3 31 10 47 9

Reactions: 100Acre
Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Is that on private land too, or just public land. Here it your on private land you can pretty much carry anyway you want too. That case will work great in Colorado then.
Just Public land Scott so it does not apply to private land. I still like the zippered case regardless because it keeps the firearm clean.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!