P1000 Hunters: Ways to carry rifles.

CashMoney

CashMoney

Feb 5, 2016
Reno, NV
www.SRTNV.com
I'm glad I'm in Nevada. The only real rules on that are during hunting season regarding hand guns, or year around no round chambered in a rifle but you can have a mag in

AKTMW

AKTMW

Oct 25, 2015
Anchorage
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looking for ways to carry my hunting rifles next season. Have a few ARs but more concerned w/ carrying our bolt action rifles, need to be able to carry @ least 2 at a time. So if you have already addressed this issue using what ever Honda has to offer, after market or home made please pass along.
So far have the A-arm covers to protect the CVC boots, added the brush guard, rear bumper & the Honda's Warn winch. This is my next item to address.
Thanks!

I went with the Big Sky Utv overhead rack. Keeps everything overhead, and out of the way. We will see how it holds up.

Reactions: drfubar
BlueCollarGuy7007

BlueCollarGuy7007

Mar 2, 2016
DFW Texas
FYI, I was on Cabela's website last night, and these cases are on sale for $69 to $79, usually $99 to $109. Camo was sold out, but the black was $69, with free shipping to our "local" store. Son in law can pick it up for me there, so I saved about $40 bucks....yeah!

DONE. Ordered the black, like you said the camo was not in stock. I like black anyway it'll be like the tactical cases I already have I guess. Thanks for the "heads up" for it being on sale. $87.62 to my door, can't complain about that. Will be looking @ other options as well such as a rack but like having options.

Thanks.

Reactions: scott
BlueCollarGuy7007

BlueCollarGuy7007

Mar 2, 2016
DFW Texas
I went with the Big Sky Utv overhead rack. Keeps everything overhead, and out of the way. We will see how it holds up.

View attachment 12820
Just ordered carry case that Scott recommended but will still be interested in a rack. For years have put my rifles on a rack on my Foreman w/ no issues. Like that over head accessibility. Would be interested in any feedback.

BlueCollarGuy7007

BlueCollarGuy7007

Mar 2, 2016
DFW Texas
Before you make a purchase check your state law regarding carrying rifles on a HOV, below is the law for Colorado

View attachment 12746
Thanks for the "heads up" , like you have been hunting for a while & not interested in any extra quality w/ the local game warden. Can't quote the Texas law right off but in past has been to not have a round in the chamber but every year is subject to change as w/ any law. I currently unload or @ a minimum clear the chamber. Stay safe & enjoy the hunt.

Reactions: Killroy720
WyoHunter

WyoHunter

Mar 4, 2016
Wyoming
A buddy of mine had one of the big Sky racks in his old truck and he was very happy with it. It held the rifles in very snug and they stayed in tight.

Reactions: BlueCollarGuy7007
BlueCollarGuy7007

BlueCollarGuy7007

Mar 2, 2016
DFW Texas
Arrived today. Like it! Even w/ it having a rain fly I imagine I will coat it w/ Campdry before I put it to use. Still want to try an overhead rack but like having options.

Side X side gun case

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
Really hope you enjoy it.. I have mine. It's really tough. btw i've never used the rain fly it's been rained on a lot never had a gun get wet. Once you put it on and use it i think you'll enjoy it. I don't even zippin mine. Holds my rifles great.

BlueCollarGuy7007

BlueCollarGuy7007

Mar 2, 2016
DFW Texas
Really hope you enjoy it.. I have mine. It's really tough. btw i've never used the rain fly it's been rained on a lot never had a gun get wet. Once you put it on and use it i think you'll enjoy it. I don't even zippin mine. Holds my rifles great.[/QUOTE
It does look tough, I'm impressed w/ how it's made for sure. Look forward to putting through the motions this coming season. Thanks again for the lead on this.
Rob A.

advertisement
T

TheBob

Feb 15, 2016
North West Arkansas
Arrived today. Like it! Even w/ it having a rain fly I imagine I will coat it w/ Campdry before I put it to use. Still want to try an overhead rack but like having options.

View attachment 13158
Mine came in at the local Cabela's and my SIL picked it up for me, finally got it this week. Really like it, holds the AR with scope and magazine, but have not mounted on buggy yet. Just got the first service done today, the fuse block came in last week, so the wiring starts tomorrow, and the gun case will also go on. Still think I might mount a gun rack for quick access when riding around the farm...

Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Careful you don't bang your head on that thing. Sorry but looks like a "head ace" waiting to happen unless I'm missing something in the view.
No there is lots of room . Made a 150km run with it strapped there before I made the bracket. Check it out in yours . There is major room to the head rest. I do have foam insulator on it that is not show in this picture.

Last edited:
Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Same reason i bought mine. I use a bow too so i had to leave the overhead open for a bow rack space. I've just left rifles in a hard case and put them in bed if the case was full. Only have to do that when buddies come along. I'm going to buy a front hood rack and put a gun mount there too.
Let me know when you find a nice front rack. Been looking.

Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have a 1000. They do make the same one for the 1000 but I don't want a basket type rack. Did notice that it is mounted on the inside of the ROPS. It may interfere with the windshield if you got one. Just saying.

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
I have a 1000. They do make the same one for the 1000 but I don't want a basket type rack. Did notice that it is mounted on the inside of the ROPS. It may interfere with the windshield if you got one. Just saying.

Oh sorry thought you had a 700 for some reason. I few 1000 guys have made some custom racks already. That's dalton or big racks 1000,, but I'll let you know if something comes out. 2d51b0acdbff793c5e74237994f6f1a4552b193777fcefd1521da1baf78b0be8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shawn81

Shawn81

Aug 18, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I took a couple of the rhino grips and bolted then to the front of the 1000-5 bed. Gun is out in open but it works good. the gun and racks tilt with the bed with no problem.
IMG 20160903 132208373

Reactions: sharp
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!