P500 Rim depth vs Spacers. Whats better for the bearings?

LeoMachus

LeoMachus

Aug 23, 2018
Baton Rouge
Ownership

1. 500
I'm leaning towards rim depth since the rim is designed that way and spacers are add on. Thoughts?

nctrailboss

nctrailboss

Supporting Member
Jun 30, 2018
north carolina
Ownership

1. 500
If you are after 1.5 inch of gain on each side,the 4+3 wheels are probably better than spacers.The bearings won't know the difference between spacers and stock wheels or 4+3 offset.I went with 5+2 wheels and 1 inch spacers so that I would have options on width.

KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
agree if going wider it makes no difference as the forces are the same regardless of how you get there. And given the small amount of width you are adding, the low weight of the P500, and the low weight of the tires/wheels you will make no impact to bearing life. If adding 6" to each side and adding much larger and heavier/tires wheels then yes. How many of us run larger tires and wider offset wheels on cars and trucks for thousands of miles with no impact.

Reactions: nctrailboss
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Only caveat is that if running spacers/stockish wheels, you can remove the spaces and hit the odd 50" trail now and again. If you don't run 50" trails, then i agree...simple is better: Just do offset wheels.

Reactions: joeymt33
LeoMachus

LeoMachus

Aug 23, 2018
Baton Rouge
Ownership

1. 500
Well Im thinking 2+5 offset with 30x10x12 swamp lite tires

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!