ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I use the wetsounds in the garage for music so I have a 5amp battery tender. Keeping a cord stretched across the garage was annoying it was always in the way.

$25 for the cheapest HD cord reel I cut the ends off and soldered SAE 2 way on each end. Now it’s up and out of the way.

D3A63C35 FC64 4A58 9C0C 6158A3391A32

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Bought this booster seat for kiddo in the car. As I was putting it together it looked like it’d fit in front seat of pioneer with the retractable harnesses.

It’s a near perfect fit. The red loop on the outside will have to be unscrewed and removed because of where I mounted the retractor it causes it to bind. The armrests catch the belt adjusters but they are removable and this pic was after I had it fully assembled and ready to go in wife’s car.

the kiddo stayed put for a kiddo level spirited ride around the homestead. So there’s been another one ordered from amazon for $60

0D8CEFFB 42F5 4F5E A521 9A8B7F61E476

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
PSA: if you change your tie rods without taking the rack out and replacing the lock ring correctly (like most people do) check your tie rods.

I have had 2-3 now back out of the end of the rack and get loose. I’m no weakling and have been tightening them down but they’ve still been backing out, it’s be REAL bad if it backed out in the wrong place at the wrong speed.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
PSA: if you change your tie rods without taking the rack out and replacing the lock ring correctly (like most people do) check your tie rods.

I have had 2-3 now back out of the end of the rack and get loose. I’m no weakling and have been tightening them down but they’ve still been backing out, it’s be REAL bad if it backed out in the wrong place at the wrong speed.
Good to know. Is the correct way to ding the lock ring to prevent it from turning? I've only replaced one trail side

Reactions: ohanacreek
J

JTW

Same here

Reactions: Adam490
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

I’m not a fan of the crow foot wrench only for this reason. The crow foot is great for speed but I always finish tightening down with a 12” adjustable wrench. I get it a lot tighter with a wrench and haven’t had one back out.

It will be interesting to see if yours back out now that I put them both back on super tight.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m not a fan of the crow foot wrench only for this reason. The crow foot is great for speed but I always finish tightening down with a 12” adjustable wrench. I get it a lot tighter with a wrench and haven’t had one back out.

It will be interesting to see if yours back out now that I put them both back on super tight.
I use a crow foot on a half in ratchet. Can get it pretty tight not using an extension.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I haven’t ever used the crows foot on mine to tighten it’s always been that 12” adjustable I keep in the tool kit that you used. I JUST bought the crow foot.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
@joeymt33 is it easier to do on a lift?

Reactions: ohanacreek
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Maybe but I’ve changed far more on the ground. Turd!
Lol, it was a serious question. Was wondering if getting it tight and getting the crimp on the washer was easier on a lift since my buddy has one.