Westtnpioneer

Edjumacated
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2013
West Tennessee
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Should have been factory. I tried to convince Honda to do this or at the very least tie the end of the bar in the back into the frame.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Should have been factory. I tried to convince Honda to do this or at the very least tie the end of the bar in the back into the frame.
Do they sit lower then frame as well? Are they bolt on?

W

Westtnpioneer

Edjumacated
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2013
West Tennessee
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Do they sit lower then frame as well? Are they bolt on?
It appears he welded them onto the existing bar. I was just stating that Honda should have done this from the factory. If you look at the factory bar at the back, it's not tied to the frame and when you kick trees it will bend them in.

Reactions: JTW
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
It appears he welded them onto the existing bar. I was just stating that Honda should have done this from the factory. If you look at the factory bar at the back, it's not tied to the frame and when you kick trees it will bend them in.
We have had that problem and I had to porta power one out that's why I was interested.

advertisement
M

Madore128

Mar 28, 2016
Ma
Yes these look great. I too am wondering if they bolt on. Do they feel strong and rigid? Would they alter skid plate installations in any way?
Yes they are bolt on. Just need to drill holes.

Reactions: Stauvo
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Yes they are bolt on. They sit just a hair under reg tubing. Super strong.
Normally I build my own stuff but not going to lie I like those and it seems you spent some time which right now I'm struggling with I might just be hitting you up. Would you powdercoat those or are they bare

M

Madore128

Mar 28, 2016
Ma
Normally I build my own stuff but not going to lie I like those and it seems you spent some time which right now I'm struggling with I might just be hitting you up. Would you powdercoat those or are they bare
I spray them with auto paint. Out of a real spray gun w hardener an what not.

Reactions: PineTree and Stauvo
Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I spray them with auto paint. Out of a real spray gun w hardener an what not.

Madore128,
Thats nice to know. But i think i may order mine bare so i can pick a color later. Prob white, blaze orange, neon yellow, but who knows. Lol!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Madore128,
Thats nice to know. But i think i may order mine bare so i can pick a color later. Prob white, blaze orange, neon yellow, but who knows. Lol!
Madore128 sounds like you might be busy. I'd rather buy quality home built as well it helps us all. They look great I'll get back to you on a set as well.

Reactions: joeymt33
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!