Rodents.... damn rodents

70Bones

70Bones

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2017
New Brunswick Canada
It has been a common issue from those of us who put our motorcycles/atv's/utv's, etc, in storage for a season, to find rodents have invaded air filters or chewed wiring. I'm presently storing my P500 outdoors under a cover, a real attraction to mice or squirrels and have caught about a dozen mice so far, probably a drop in the bucket.

Has anyone come up with a way to keep rodents away from our machines? Maybe a certain spray on the wiring, like a rust preventative or spray lube or something? Any ideas out there?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Lots and lots of fuel and a bottle rocket.

28E87BB5 DF41 4056 BB9A 470F33B5EFED

Diverguy

Diverguy

Oct 8, 2018
PA, USA
Ownership

1. 700-4
I put an ultrasonic repeller from Amazon in my camper, and although I still catch a rogue mouse now and then, it has drastically reduced the mouse problem. I added one to my "garage" (20' box truck body) at my cabin in hopes they will stay out of there as well. It has 3 settings, the highest can be heard by human ears....very annoying.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!