Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Use use PEX on projects that we don't have to be concerned with volume. The PEX fittings are restrictive.
PEX is available in sizes. I’ve replaced all the water lines in my homes with it, manifolds to cut distribution to various parts of the house, freezes and never breaks. It’s the s*** for me.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
PEX is available in sizes. I’ve replaced all the water lines in my homes with it, manifolds to cut distribution to various parts of the house, freezes and never breaks. It’s the s*** for me.
We use the Uponor brand. No crimp rings, it has PEX rings that go on the pipe, we use an expansion tool and stick the fitting in and then pipe returns to it original size making the seal. If you use the Uponor rings and fittings, Uponor considers it a factory connection, guaranteed for 25 years, pretty cool.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
We use the Uponor brand. No crimp rings, it has PEX rings that go on the pipe, we use an expansion tool and stick the fitting in and then pipe returns to it original size making the seal. If you use the Uponor rings and fittings, Uponor considers it a factory connection, guaranteed for 25 years, pretty cool.
Yep, the plumbing company that replaced all the water lines in my lake house used that.

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
206D3D18 8C4A 445F 9FDA D2DA6AC8E45A
Any takers?

Got one last night! I love this trap the best. No more resetting snap traps. Unlike a cat, you don’t have to feed it. Used glycol and soap in the bucket. Peanut butter as bait.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Squirrel launching........I need to rig one of these up. Bastards won't stay out of the bird feeder !

That’s awesome, I wonder if it keeps them away?

Reactions: Mudwing
advertisement
Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Squirrel launching........I need to rig one of these up. Bastards won't stay out of the bird feeder !

@Chooglin invest in a paintball gun. My buddy lives in the city and has the same problem. He grabbed his son's paintball gun and that remedied the problem plus he had a blast doing it. He said that people in their neighborhood were talking about the squirrels having a disease because of the paint markings on some of them..lol..stupid city folk!

C

Chooglin

@Chooglin invest in a paintball gun. My buddy lives in the city and has the same problem. He grabbed his son's paintball gun and that remedied the problem plus he had a blast doing it. He said that people in their neighborhood were talking about the squirrels having a disease because of the paint markings on some of them..lol..stupid city folk!
That's to funny :) I have tried using a BB gun but they just laugh at me !

Reactions: Vikes79 and sharp
M

Mikepod

Nov 24, 2018
Upstate NY
Ownership

1. 500
It has been a common issue from those of us who put our motorcycles/atv's/utv's, etc, in storage for a season, to find rodents have invaded air filters or chewed wiring. I'm presently storing my P500 outdoors under a cover, a real attraction to mice or squirrels and have caught about a dozen mice so far, probably a drop in the bucket.

Has anyone come up with a way to keep rodents away from our machines? Maybe a certain spray on the wiring, like a rust preventative or spray lube or something? Any ideas out there?

I winterize my boat and use moth balls I also tape the exhaust flaps shut (inboard). I have never had a problem. For the UTV, I would cover it and a ton of moth balls with it. There is also this:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00L236OMW/?tag=sxsweb24-20

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Reactions: 70Bones
DavidBear

DavidBear

Feb 8, 2018
Delta Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A little research turned up peppermint oil, available at the drug store. And I have a litre in the garage, I will give it a try.

Didn't work for me. I soaked cotton balls with peppermint oil and the mice used them for bedding material... Moth balls work in my trailer and cat on the outside. The only time I see a mouse is when the cat eats it.

• Wow
Reactions: GrnP500 and 70Bones
DavidBear

DavidBear

Feb 8, 2018
Delta Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Should have mentioned that the things that worked the best for me, in order are Cat, mothballs, cedar chips (bugs and mice don't like them) and the botanical stuff mentioned (which mine also had cedar chips in it).

Reactions: 70Bones
G

Gladmills

Dec 10, 2018
Boise idaho
Ownership

1. 500
It has been a common issue from those of us who put our motorcycles/atv's/utv's, etc, in storage for a season, to find rodents have invaded air filters or chewed wiring. I'm presently storing my P500 outdoors under a cover, a real attraction to mice or squirrels and have caught about a dozen mice so far, probably a drop in the bucket.

Has anyone come up with a way to keep rodents away from our machines? Maybe a certain spray on the wiring, like a rust preventative or spray lube or something? Any ideas out there?

advertisement