Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Haha, those rodents in Oklahoma just like nice smelling things. Can’t blame them. Probably just making a cedar chest for his wife. Haha.
Caper
Lmao. We have psycho rat bastards over there lol.

Reactions: Caper and Mudwing
Redone

Redone

Nov 14, 2018
wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I’ve pulled several rat nests out of my equipment made of cedar bark which is kind of furry and makes great bedding. ;)
I don’t know about the bark but here in Wisconsin cedar chips work good for mice what I did learn tho. Chipmunks can be just as bad as mice and if your in an area that has chipmunks cedar chips won’t work.

Reactions: Caper
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I don’t know about the bark but here in Wisconsin cedar chips work good for mice what I did learn tho. Chipmunks can be just as bad as mice and if your in an area that has chipmunks cedar chips won’t work.
Eastern cedar that we have down here might be different.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Cats love chipmunks as well as mice and birds.The wife has cats at the nursery just for chipmunks, they love tender plants.
Do you have chipmunks down there Mo???

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
advertisement
N

NorthStar

Jun 12, 2018
North
Ownership

1. 1000-5
After having a few incidents with mouse-filled boats, the best option we've found is traps everywhere.

We tried poison but it is really a LAST RESORT. Anything eating the mice will also be poisoned (owls, snakes) which in turn lets the mouse population explode.

About a decade ago, we thought we had a snake problem at the cabin. After killing a couple dozen snakes we had an explosion in the mouse population (mice in the coffee pot, drowned in the toilet, etc). Just like removing wolves and watching the deer population explode - mother nature keeps everything in balance unless we f*** with it.

G

Griff

Oct 29, 2016
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mice have developed a taste for this tape.
Maybe they like the little pic
Griff
It has been a common issue from those of us who put our motorcycles/atv's/utv's, etc, in storage for a season, to find rodents have invaded air filters or chewed wiring. I'm presently storing my P500 outdoors under a cover, a real attraction to mice or squirrels and have caught about a dozen mice so far, probably a drop in the bucket.

Has anyone come up with a way to keep rodents away from our machines? Maybe a certain spray on the wiring, like a rust preventative or spray lube or something? Any ideas out there?

Amazon has several sprays available. I just ordered "Rodent Defense" to try. Probably just peppermint oil. Ha.

Griff

Reactions: sharp and Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
After having a few incidents with mouse-filled boats, the best option we've found is traps everywhere.

We tried poison but it is really a LAST RESORT. Anything eating the mice will also be poisoned (owls, snakes) which in turn lets the mouse population explode.

About a decade ago, we thought we had a snake problem at the cabin. After killing a couple dozen snakes we had an explosion in the mouse population (mice in the coffee pot, drowned in the toilet, etc). Just like removing wolves and watching the deer population explode - mother nature keeps everything in balance unless we f*** with it.
Mice in the toilet, the women must love that. Haha. I had to renovate my camp in the ‘90s. The sills were gone, and the joists. Just the 100 year old hardwood floor. When we had weasels and squirrels coming in, that was it for the women till something was done. With the weasels, at least we had no mice. Haha. After 20 years we have a few , but I also have a old cat that’s a great mouser, so my wife hasn’t seen any. Haha, plugged a couple holes. See how it goes. Little bastards.
Caper

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Typically, both owls and snakes eat live prey.

C

Capnray

Aug 8, 2017
Crystal Falls, michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It has been a common issue from those of us who put our motorcycles/atv's/utv's, etc, in storage for a season, to find rodents have invaded air filters or chewed wiring. I'm presently storing my P500 outdoors under a cover, a real attraction to mice or squirrels and have caught about a dozen mice so far, probably a drop in the bucket.

Has anyone come up with a way to keep rodents away from our machines? Maybe a certain spray on the wiring, like a rust preventative or spray lube or something? Any ideas out there?
Greetings-I have been using dryer sheets for years for my stored toys including pontoon and sxs. No problems. Use lots of them. Hope this helps

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Greetings-I have been using dryer sheets for years for my stored toys including pontoon and sxs. No problems. Use lots of them. Hope this helps
Haha, I said that I used them in my boat when I stored it for the winter in a barn. Not even a poop. Montecresto said they didn’t work there. Oklahoma mice like the smell. Might be a different mouse. Plus the sheets make your bike smell nice. Haha
Caper

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Haha, I said that I used them in my boat when I stored it for the winter in a barn. Not even a poop. Montecresto said they didn’t work there. Oklahoma mice like the smell. Might be a different mouse. Plus the sheets make your bike smell nice. Haha
Caper
Lol yeah no matter what you do it never ends, it’s a constant ongoing maintenance issue. And Oklahoma mice are rednecks and think the dryer sheets are bedding the nice humans put out for them.:D:D

Reactions: sharp and Caper
Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Don't kill Good snakes!

IMG 0456

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!