P500 Roll Cage Fix or Replacement

R

rheaslip

Sep 18, 2020
Canada
Like to get some advice on roll cages. And if there is already a thread on this topic, sorry, I couldn’t find it.
My kids rolled my 2020 Pioneer 500 and so far, the only issues appears to be a bent roll cage and some scratches and scuffs.
I would like to replace parts and put it back to new. I assume trying to bend it back will never look right and I wonder about the overall strength of the cage at that point.
What is the best way to confirm part #’s and should I go thru Honda or is there a recommended site for OEM parts? (Keeping in mind I am in Canada, my choices might be less). I found parts schematic for a 2016 (assume all years are same?)

Lots to discuss here. Guess I am wondering if anyone has been thru this project before and have any advice.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R

rheaslip

Sep 18, 2020
Canada
Thanks [mention]Peter_72 [/mention] . I will check the site out and thanks for the link!

Reactions: Peter_72
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Like to get some advice on roll cages. And if there is already a thread on this topic, sorry, I couldn’t find it.
My kids rolled my 2020 Pioneer 500 and so far, the only issues appears to be a bent roll cage and some scratches and scuffs.
I would like to replace parts and put it back to new. I assume trying to bend it back will never look right and I wonder about the overall strength of the cage at that point.
What is the best way to confirm part #’s and should I go thru Honda or is there a recommended site for OEM parts? (Keeping in mind I am in Canada, my choices might be less). I found parts schematic for a 2016 (assume all years are same?)

Lots to discuss here. Guess I am wondering if anyone has been thru this project before and have any advice.
Thanks

You definitely should never straighten a bent cage. Replace…👍

Reactions: rheaslip
HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
OP, if your P500 is insured your policy should cover it.

Reactions: Backwoods
R

rheaslip

Sep 18, 2020
Canada
Ordered the cage on partzilla. $850 USD, shipped. Not sure what my deductible is but for that, I will just eat the $ and make it a bonding event with my kids to do the roll cage swap. Thanks for the feedback and recommendations.

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
I assume no one was injured and that is the most important thing!!! I do hope during the installation you and the kids are able to talk about the rollover constructively.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!