P1000 Roll cage removed

Kenjones21

Kenjones21

Jun 23, 2015
Central Louisiana
i removed rear roll cage last night as I will hardly ever have passengers in back , was very simple just 10 bolts , took about 5 mins with cordless impact , will reinstall as needed if plan on riding more than 3 .

N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i removed rear roll cage last night as I will hardly ever have passengers in back , was very simple just 10 bolts , took about 5 mins with cordless impact , will reinstall as needed if plan on riding more than 3 .
I really like that. I too will infrequently have rear passengers and there may be a time that I remove mine so it is good to see how good it looks and how easy it is accomplished. Mine will be mostly a work vehicle.

jcothren

jcothren

Aug 28, 2015
I really like that. I too will infrequently have rear passengers and there may be a time that I remove mine so it is good to see how good it looks and how easy it is accomplished. Mine will be mostly a work vehicle.
Will the P3 roof fit on it?

Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wow that looks good. Nice it can come off so clean.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
jtice

jtice

Oct 19, 2015
West Virginia
www.jtice.com
I have been very back and forth on getting a 3 or 5 seater.
I dont like the rear cage at all, it sticks out way too far, I plan on doing some extreme trails, and I know its goign to get hung up on things.
I was curious what the 5 seater would look like without the rear cage.
The 5 seater bed is also alot smaller than the 3 seater. It tapers in more to clear the cage, and the walls are thicker, so the storage are is smaller.
So having the 5 seater with no rear cage might be the setup that clears obstacles the most.

BTW, far as I know, the front of the cage is identical on the two, so yes a 3 seater roof should fit it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Get the 5 seater. Sure it's a more $ but it beats regretting it later or trying to turn your 3 seat into a 5 seat like a handful of 700 owners have done. Plus, resell will be better if that day ever comes.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Get the 5 seater. Sure it's a more $ but it beats regretting it later or trying to turn your 3 seat into a 5 seat like a handful of 700 owners have done. Plus, resell will be better if that day ever comes.

Exactly what I was going to say. I used the 4 seat a LOT more than I thought I would, and I know I will use the 1000-5 more trail riding than I ever did the 700-4.

jtice

jtice

Oct 19, 2015
West Virginia
www.jtice.com
I will have to think it over more.
I know if I jump to a 5 seater I will want to go deluxe, so thats about $2,120 more than the 3 seater, and its 168lbs heavier.
And to me, the 3 seater bed just seems stronger, less parts to rattle, larger, more useful as far as storage.
but yes, regretting not going 5 seater would suck.

Kenjones21, care to share anymore pics?
Maybe something from the back or overhead some? Would like to get more of a sense of how the bed tapers in the back.

Kenjones21

Kenjones21

Jun 23, 2015
Central Louisiana
I will have to think it over more.
I know if I jump to a 5 seater I will want to go deluxe, so thats about $2,120 more than the 3 seater, and its 168lbs heavier.
And to me, the 3 seater bed just seems stronger, less parts to rattle, larger, more useful as far as storage.
but yes, regretting not going 5 seater would suck.

Kenjones21, care to share anymore pics?
Maybe something from the back or overhead some? Would like to get more of a sense of how the bed tapers in the back.
Yes I shoot some pics tonight

HivoltageHonda

HivoltageHonda

Aug 6, 2015
Hernando, MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Isn't the rear cage really for the rear seat belts? I won't have many rear passengers either well
Maybe my kids from time to time. But people could still sit back there just won't have seat belts. Looks real good I'm glad it came off easy I'll be doing the same thing.

advertisement
Kenjones21

Kenjones21

Jun 23, 2015
Central Louisiana
Isn't the rear cage really for the rear seat belts? I won't have many rear passengers either well
Maybe my kids from time to time. But people could still sit back there just won't have seat belts. Looks real good I'm glad it came off easy I'll be doing the same thing.
Yes people can still ride back there in the seats just no seat belts and no protection if rolled over

Duane

Duane

May 15, 2015
St. George Utah
so what type of roof will you have to purchase if you swap out your roll cage in the event you are hauling people in the back. it looks like the 1000-3 and the 1000-5 have the same front rops cage. interesting idea. what to do?:confused:

Kenjones21

Kenjones21

Jun 23, 2015
Central Louisiana
so what type of roof will you have to purchase if you swap out your roll cage in the event you are hauling people in the back. it looks like the 1000-3 and the 1000-5 have the same front rops cage. interesting idea. what to do?:confused:
I'm gonna purchase the 3 seater roof and just cut some notches out if I have to in order to reinstall rear roll bar .

Reactions: DTAGG
jtice

jtice

Oct 19, 2015
West Virginia
www.jtice.com
Thanks alot for the pics.
Hoping to see one in person tomorrow morning, local dealer got one in, but its already sold, plan is to get there to see it before the guy picks it up. lol

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!