P1000 Roll cage

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Can someone tell me if the cage from front to back on front section is same for a p1k3 as p1k5?

Penrod

Penrod

Mar 3, 2018
Sanderson, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I stopped by a dealer to check this out myself last week. From what i saw it looks to be the exact same. I wanted to see if the rear ROPS section could be taken off the p1k5 in order to use a top from a p1k3, it looked like it would work to me.

I see now you're more interested in the front section, I'm fairly certain those sections are the same too.

Reactions: O2bsmitty
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I could be wrong but seems someone said the 3p hard top had to be modified to fit front section of a 5p. Can't remember where i read that or even if it's true.

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
Has to be cut out around the mounts for the rear portion I believe.

Yes that is correct! I have a Honda 3P top on my 5P rig. I fits good with a little trimming of the back corners. I also actually really like the way it looks on a 5P but that's always subject to personal preference!!)

pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome for WV and yes it will work 100 5979no changes if you leave the rear cage off

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!