P1000 Rolled my p1000-5

Spencer357

Spencer357

Sep 15, 2021
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well I got back on the bent up pioneer today and noticed the rear end whining. It was doing this before the roll but I guess now I’m paying everything a lot more attention. I was told that it gets quieter after it’s good and broke in. Anyone have any input on this. What is “broke in” ? 100miles ? 500 miles?

Spencer357

Spencer357

Sep 15, 2021
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I got to thinkin, we may have some roll cage parts that have scratches or scuffs. I'll look tomorrow, may be able to help if you wanna come to the Northern Cincinnati area.
I’m not sure how far that is from South Carolina. Would you be willing to ship them? It may still be cheaper for me to pay a lot of shipping than to buy them new

Bow4life

Bow4life

Supporting Member
Mar 5, 2021
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don’t have insurance. But will definitely be getting some. I was going way to fast around a turn on the edge of a open field and rolled it twice then landed on the drivers side. It’s amazing what this thing went through and all it really done was bend the cage and put a small dent in the front finder. On the other hand I’m pretty banged up when I can get outside I will post pics

I did something very similar in a Honda Odyssey when I was a kid, lucky I wasnt hurt. Ironically also my first time on a Honda atv....fortunately it didnt sour me on atvs...still want an odyssey though....those things were awesome...I saw you mentioned straightening the bent cage, not a good idea...the cage is designed and built for a specific task...to protect human life, which sounds like exactly what it did...once its bent the structural integrity has been compromised and theres no way to know how much more damage it would take before failure, which would likely cause much greater injury or worse...chock it up as an expensive and fairly painful learning experience, replace the bent parts and move on...glad you weren't badly hurt in the crash....Also welcome to the club and the world of spending money on your Pioneer...

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Well I got back on the bent up pioneer today and noticed the rear end whining. It was doing this before the roll but I guess now I’m paying everything a lot more attention. I was told that it gets quieter after it’s good and broke in. Anyone have any input on this. What is “broke in” ? 100miles ? 500 miles?
About 6 more double rolls and you'll have it broken in pretty well. Seriously, I wouldn't think anyone concerned about "break in" would have flipped it day one coming in too hot 😜

Spencer357

Spencer357

Sep 15, 2021
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
About 6 more double rolls and you'll have it broken in pretty well. Seriously, I wouldn't think anyone concerned about "break in" would have flipped it day one coming in too hot 😜
I wasn’t really worried abt a “break in” period. I like to break things in the way it’s going to be driven. That being said I do not want to ever roll ANYTHING again lol (wasn’t very fun) I was asking abt the rear end whining. I have been told that it gets quieter after it’s broken in. Has that been tru for any of y’all?

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
I wasn’t really worried abt a “break in” period. I like to break things in the way it’s going to be driven. That being said I do not want to ever roll ANYTHING again lol (wasn’t very fun) I was asking abt the rear end whining. I have been told that it gets quieter after it’s broken in. Has that been tru for any of y’all?
This was a 10-15mph high side after it cross rutted, no roll over. Insurance payout was $6800. I'd highly advise insuring it.

Spencer357

Spencer357

Sep 15, 2021
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Damn mine doesn’t look near that bad and it rolled two complete times going abt 40mph. Did anything other than your cage get damaged?
Nope. Pulled it back straight at camp with a winch so we could zip-tie the roof on for the 9 hour drive home. I'd like to see pictures of yours if it doesn't look that bad after a complete roll-over at a much higher speed.

advertisement
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
The way the gears are cut on the Hondas are noisy but more durable. Some have had success with 75-w140 full synthetic oil in the differentials. Milage will quiet them some, mostly you get used to it.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've straightened and welded main gear legs and tailwheel assemblies on aircraft, 4130 alloy steel tubing, no issues. If there's a problem repairing the roll cage, it might be in finding someone willing to take it on (with whatever liability that entails), assuming you are not doing it yourself.

Spencer357

Spencer357

Sep 15, 2021
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nope. Pulled it back straight at camp with a winch so we could zip-tie the roof on for the 9 hour drive home. I'd like to see pictures of yours if it doesn't look that bad after a complete roll-over at a much higher speed.
I was sliding sideways around a left turn and the right front tire hit soft sand I think the whole thing must have went airborne because there are hardly any marks on the right side

1A690272 ED3D 4CA7 A494 84AC0AC1C9AB

ChadD

ChadD

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2018
Brown City
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For some of us rear end whine comes with age 😉

#NTC

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I was sliding sideways around a left turn and the right front tire hit soft sand I think the whole thing must have went airborne because there are hardly any marks on the right side

View attachment 304011
For Fuks sake! Is that the only spot u bent it at? If so, cut that section out to the straightest spot sleeve it with a pipe, weld the ends, Krylon simi gloss paint it and call it good! Just like we do on a chop top. Will be much stronger after anyway! With roof on it, youll never see it.

If you dont know how to weld, Im sure u have a buddy that does! a couple cases of beer for the work and your set! Or now is a good time as ant to learn! Especially if your gonna keep senden er‘ all the way like that! 🤣

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I’m not sure how far that is from South Carolina. Would you be willing to ship them? It may still be cheaper for me to pay a lot of shipping than to buy them new
Its called google maps😂
this will give u a rough idea. its cheaper to drive than ship it!
6D21A52D 4ADD 4369 A7FB CD5F0146460C

Spencer357

Spencer357

Sep 15, 2021
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For Fuks sake! Is that the only spot u bent it at? If so, cut that section out to the straightest spot sleeve it with a pipe, weld the ends, Krylon simi gloss paint it and call it good! Just like we do on a chop top. Will be much stronger after anyway! With roof on it, youll never see it.

If you dont know how to weld, Im sure u have a buddy that does! a couple cases of beer for the work and your set! Or now is a good time as ant to learn! Especially if your gonna keep senden er‘ all the way like that! 🤣
That’s the worst spot but it shifted everything to the right about 3 inches so the windshield and roof doesn’t line up. I’m a mechanic for a living and do a good bit of welding/ fabrication too but right now my right shoulder ac joint is separated from getting slammed into the cage and I’m right handed so it’s hard to do much of anything right now. But after recovering from surgery I’m thinking abt going with a custom cage that’s not so tall.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
That’s the worst spot but it shifted everything to the right about 3 inches so the windshield and roof doesn’t line up. I’m a mechanic for a living and do a good bit of welding/ fabrication too but right now my right shoulder ac joint is separated from getting slammed into the cage and I’m right handed so it’s hard to do much of anything right now. But after recovering from surgery I’m thinking abt going with a custom cage that’s not so tall.
That sucks man about your shoulder. Sorry to hear about that.

When your all better, Id take the time and reassess that and see if your thi king of chopping it, that would be great time to cut some of that bad area out, sleeve it and strengthen it. Theres a few threads on here about the chop top that can help with the size pipes youll need

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!