100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Am now thinking in hindsight that a rotopax or copy would've been better in the limited space dept. Less so than the jerry can approach.

Reactions: AlR and trigger
100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just found these at a deal plus the mount both at 29% and 33% off. Sold through Rotopax
"Our packs are individually pressure tested and manufactured 100% in the USA by American workers"
3.5 Gallon FuelpaX

Last edited:
J

JTW

If you're a buy it and bolt it on guy then that's a good setup. Depends on your needs though, not enough covered storage for me. Don't like how it sticks out the back either. If I were building another one I would go more for what @Chooglin did.
Ha! I'm a best for the $$$ guy. Some things you just can't build for what you can buy them for. Hanging off the rear makes zero difference in the machine. And if you have a passanger and still want to haul the dog... he's going to be pissed when you stuff him in your box.

Reactions: swsebek
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Ha! I'm a best for the $$$ guy. Some things you just can't build for what you can buy them for. Hanging off the rear makes zero difference in the machine. And if you have a passanger and still want to haul the dog... he's going to be pissed when you stuff him in your box.

Hanging off the rear does make a difference, you didn't ride it long enough to make a sound recommendation anyway. As stated, depends on your needs and I'm not hauling a dog. As far as best for the money, already had the tool box and I have more time than money into mine so I guess that made it more cost effective too.

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The two 2.5 gallon cans got cancelled. If the mounts still come, that's great because in hindsight I figured I could use them on my 5 gal jerry cans on the trailer. If the two little British ones still come, I may keep them.

Reactions: trigger
100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Enough text how about lets see some pics of everyone's setup with jerry cans and for rotopax.. Dam u for the discount link on rotopax, ordering one now..... damit..
Not Rotopax. they're FuelPax non stackable. With only a 1 year warranty opposed to rotopax's 10 years.

Reactions: sharp and trigger
advertisement
Miss_Oak

Miss_Oak

Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2016
California
Ownership

1. 500
Just a thought... If you end up with just a small area for your dog and are afraid she may fall off, as you travel, you can make a side rail or two that is removable. I have a little medal bracket that these slide into. The real reason i have them is so fence posts and other things don't roll off the back while going uphill but the dogs use them too. And they are easy to remove when i don't need them. I haven't had time to make some for my p5 yet. ...Of course i look like a country bumpkin with them but i guess thats what i am. Haha

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Just a thought... If you end up with just a small area for your dog and are afraid she may fall off, as you travel, you can make a side rail or two that is removable. I have a little medal bracket that these slide into. The real reason i have them is so fence posts and other things don't roll off the back while going uphill but the dogs use them too. And they are easy to remove when i don't need them. I haven't had time to make some for my p5 yet. ...Of course i look like a country bumpkin with them but i guess thats what i am. Haha

View attachment 45550

Miss Oak's first mod...very cool! :cool:

J

JTW

Hanging off the rear does make a difference, you didn't ride it long enough to make a sound recommendation anyway. As stated, depends on your needs and I'm not hauling a dog. As far as best for the money, already had the tool box and I have more time than money into mine so I guess that made it more cost effective too.
I rode it enough to know the box and basket were an awesome combo!!! The basket is stout enough to handle rolling back into a tree.. and I still miss the box... I wish it would fit behind the seats of the pk5! Different strokes... but if you want to ride a passenger and throw a deer on the back or bring the pup too, all while having enough storage for whatever the situation Husky tool box and strongmade basket are the tits!

Reactions: sharp
100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 45550
Classy side mirror you have there.....lol

Reactions: sharp
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!