Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Ok.... Someone go test all these trails. And thats not even 1/2 of them.
trail2

Better add a wolfsnout to your list....

Real quick mapping, I would say under 100 miles if you do not have to backtrack down a dead end or too rough trail.

Thanks for the info. Are you in? I'm thinking sometime in late September or October.

Reactions: Hondasxs
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Thanks for the info. Are you in? I'm thinking sometime in late September or October.
I should be able to make it by September or later, it is about 82 miles one way and can be covered in one long day, For a P1K I would bring 6 gal of extra fuel but there is a place or two in Rocky Top TN where it is legal to drive in ton and get fuel the city just passed an ordinance about 2-3 months ago. For everything but Windrock park proper the TN WMA permits cover the rest of the route.

These maps cover everything from North of Royal Blue down to I-40 at Windrock about 2000 miles of mapped trails, work perfect in Garmin GPS. I prefer the Montana 650T its water / dustproof and has all topo maps already installed and the trails just interpose right over them.
North Cumberland OHV / ATV Trails v2.3, TN Garmin Compatible Map - GPSFileDepot

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Here is some info posted by Bear Knot Offroad on another forum. Gives you an idea of access from Rocky Top (formerly Lake City) As the crow flies on Google maps it is 36 miles from Royal Blue Campground to Windrock Campground.

Hey everyone who is interested in riding near Windrock, RoyalBlue, Brimstone. I want to give a shout out to Rocky Top, Tn. Formally known as Lake City, Tn. This place has great " cheap " lodging , and restaurants for any budget. You can ride in town to get to the trail head. Located right off interstate I-75, Located between ALL the riding areas.

Please obey posted speed limits. Don't show your tail and drive safely. Great places to eat , drink , and get supplies.

You can leave your motel and ride to 2 major trail heads . Trails G-55 and G-54 the trails belong to the Windrock trail system . From these trails you can go to Windrock, Brimstone and RoyalBlue trail systems.

My wife and I have drove from the middle of town and was on the main trail in 15 mins. We drove the trails and was at the Windrock store in a little over an hour. Trails end and RoyalBlue take about 1 1/2 hours.

Here is and overview I took:

RB2WR

Last edited:
Reactions: joeymt33
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Ok.... Someone go test all these trails. And thats not even 1/2 of them.
trail2

Better add a wolfsnout to your list....

Real quick mapping, I would say under 100 miles if you do not have to backtrack down a dead end or too rough trail.
Too rough trail, can there be, lol. Anyway, if just a hundred or so miles, the normal 2-3 gallon stowed fuel should do. Hopefully there's someone close enough to test them as you suggest.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Thanks for the info @JACKAL. I don't see how you could pass this up since it will be in your back yard!

Sent from my iPhone 10s

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I just mentioned this trip to the wife. I got the raised eyebrow, interested look!
Going to be watching this thread.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Thanks for the info @JACKAL. I don't see how you could pass this up since it will be in your back yard!

Sent from my iPhone 10s

No way would I pass it up just got twenty-eleven poker in the fire at the moment, once my house is framed up and dried in I will be a lot more relieved. (Hoping by August) I will definitely give the trails a try once I am settled somewhat and have some time to explore a bit more. Even though I've been going down there for 10 years 90% of my riding was on the East Side of I-75 that's where the wife liked to go. On the West Side along near the route to take there is some pretty challenging trails that scared the bejesus out of my wife, and she is a pretty good trooper I've had her with me with a SXS on its roof, not the side the roof and she just laughed a little bit asking how the heck did we do that LOL. So for her to get nervous they are some pretty hairy trails that can be run but none probably in route from RB to Windrock. Satellite views appears a fair bit of gravel roads connecting various trails, not sure if the trip can be 100% trails or not.

Either way I'm in, just between now and August I will not have any free time.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I just mentioned this trip to the wife. I got the raised eyebrow, interested look!
Going to be watching this thread.
Some times that raised eyebrow means, "Oh boy here we go again." :D

Reactions: Tramguage1
advertisement
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Looks like I need to nail down a date. I'll put up three to choose from and we will see which is most popular.

I don't want to deny anyone from going but I will say I want to form a group with a limit so we won't be a long train that will take a long time to navigate the trails.

I don't have a group name yet so for now I'll call it "group 1". I want to limit it to 6-8 vehicles. Let me know for sure who wants to go and put you on the list.

If we exceed the group limit, those guys can start a "group 2"

Sent from my iPhone 10s

Reactions: sharp
PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks like I need to nail down a date. I'll put up three to choose from and we will see which is most popular.

I don't want to deny anyone from going but I will say I want to form a group with a limit so we won't be a long train that will take a long time to navigate the trails.

I don't have a group name yet so for now I'll call it "group 1". I want to limit it to 6-8 vehicles. Let me know for sure who wants to go and put you on the list.

If we exceed the group limit, those guys can start a "group 2"

Sent from my iPhone 10s
I'm in Joe. I can't pass up an epic trip like this when it's only 2hrs from home.

Reactions: vince and joeymt33
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Options are:

Sept 30th- oct 2
Oct 7th - 9th
Oct 15th - 16th

I'll don't guess I'll do a poll since there's just half a dozen or so on the trip. Just post up your favorite date and I'll track it.

I'll keep post one on this thread updated with the latest info so it's easy to find.

Sent from my iPhone 10s

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Options are:

Sept 30th- oct 2
Oct 7th - 9th
Oct 15th - 16th

I'll don't guess I'll do a poll since there's just half a dozen or so on the trip. Just post up your favorite date and I'll track it.

I'll keep post one on this thread updated with the latest info so it's easy to find.

Sent from my iPhone 10s
I've got duty the 11th through the 17th of October, but either of those other weekends are good for me.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I should be free any of those weekends.

Hcrr1

Hcrr1

May 2, 2016
Reily ohio/everts ky.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey guys new here. Great site. Back in early November myself and and a good friend of mine and two other fellows we met recently set out on a journey from everts ky north rv park on a Friday mornimg around 10 am. The destination was wind rock campground.we pulled into campground around 10 pm Saturday nite. Got up and turned around and headed back Sunday morning. Got back to everts around 3:30 Monday afternoon in the pound cold rain. Had to cut 40 miles off off ride gas station closed down unknowingly in bell county. Right at 430 miles. 3 nites of camping one windsock 2 nites out in woods. I was on polaris 1000 xp touring sportsman,Jason on a 680 rincon,the other two Chris and Jamie in rzr's. It was a great ride but it's xtemly grueling. We had won flat tire in bell county on way back. Packed all food and camping gear.
Jason was the brains of this adventure we just helped. Since then him and I have bought pk1000/5 recently he just got a silver deluxe and I got a white deluxe.
So royal blue to wind rock is doable no problem. enjoy.

Last edited:
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hey guys new here. Great site. Back in early November myself and and a good friend of mine and two other fellows we met recently set out on a journey from everts ky north rv park on a Friday mornimg around 10 am. The destination was wind rock campground.we pulled into campground around 10 pm Saturday nite. Got up and turned around and headed back Sunday morning. Got back to everts around 3:30 Monday afternoon in the pound cold rain. Had to cut 40 miles off off ride gas station closed down unknowingly in bell county. Right at 430 miles. 3 nites of camping one windsock 2 nites out in woods. I was on polaris 1000 xp touring sportsman,Japan on a 680 rincon,the other two Chris and Jamie in rzr's. It was a great ride but it's xtemly grueling. We had won flat tire in bell county on way back. Packed all food and camping gear.
Jason was the brains of this adventure we just helped. Since then him and I have bought pk1000/5 recently he just got a silver deluxe and I got a white deluxe.

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new Honda.

Thanks for the encouraging words from experience. I love to hear more about your thoughts and comparisons on your new Honda.

J

JMRubicon

May 3, 2016
Harrodsburg Ky
Hey guys new here. Great site. Back in early November myself and and a good friend of mine and two other fellows we met recently set out on a journey from everts ky north rv park on a Friday mornimg around 10 am. The destination was wind rock campground.we pulled into campground around 10 pm Saturday nite. Got up and turned around and headed back Sunday morning. Got back to everts around 3:30 Monday afternoon in the pound cold rain. Had to cut 40 miles off off ride gas station closed down unknowingly in bell county. Right at 430 miles. 3 nites of camping one windsock 2 nites out in woods. I was on polaris 1000 xp touring sportsman,Jason on a 680 rincon,the other two Chris and Jamie in rzr's. It was a great ride but it's xtemly grueling. We had won flat tire in bell county on way back. Packed all food and camping gear.

This was a great trip. I think we did over 100 miles four straight days. I think it rained every night and I don't think we even pitched a tent. Lol. One guy brought a RXR 1k and took the seats out and slept in it Lol. You guys shouldn't have any problem doing this trip, you will have a blast.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!