BOX1

Rugged Radio

Killer223

Killer223

Lifetime Member
Jan 15, 2019
does the engine die when you key up the mic?

Cowboy02

Cowboy02

May 5, 2019
Northern Ca
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3

3. Talon X
does the engine die when you key up the mic?
I heard about this problem early in the installment of my radio so I called Rugged radio and they switched out my 1/4 wave to a 1/2 wave non-ground plane. Hasn't seem to be a problem

Cowboy02

Cowboy02

May 5, 2019
Northern Ca
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3

3. Talon X
I heard about this problem early in the installment of my radio so I called Rugged radio and they switched out my 1/4 wave to a 1/2 wave non-ground plane. Hasn't seem to be a problem

Does this radio require a license?
according to rugged radio they own the frequencies that they pre-program so therefore you piggyback on their license.
ImageImageImage
Does this radio require a license?
As far as I know you don't have to have a license you piggyback on rugged radios

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
according to rugged radio they own the frequencies that they pre-program so therefore you piggyback on their license.

As far as I know you don't have to have a license you piggyback on rugged radios
That is somewhat correct. The frequencies are licensed by RR for use in different areas so you need to use the correct frequency for the area you are in. See this page and PDF linked on that page...

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!