Ruidoso NM Riding?

B

bcs-extreme

Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2020
Texas
Ownership

1. Talon X
We have a cabin rented in Ruidoso in September. We would love to take the new R4 with us. Has anyone rode around the area? Anything to know before we go?

Talon

TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
bcs-extreme...

Just go to the cabin and enjoy a rocking chair. Or, rent something to destroy.

The R4 is beautiful and pristine. Don't, oh don't get it dirty! It'll never be the same.

Yes, it's none of my business and definitely none of my money . I look at the bounty hole competitions and the rigs running the pipelines and sinking out of sight, to never, ever, ever to be the same as before... And, sit in the shop in the A/C in Summer or heat in winter and look at my clean machine and think what could have happened , but didn't,

I just snapped out of that lucid dream.. sorry . Hope you get the info you need.

Enjoy the R4
How could you not?
Thanks

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
A

a94cobra

Dec 28, 2021
TX
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
bcs-extreme...

Just go to the cabin and enjoy a rocking chair. Or, rent something to destroy.

The R4 is beautiful and pristine. Don't, oh don't get it dirty! It'll never be the same.

Yes, it's none of my business and definitely none of my money . I look at the bounty hole competitions and the rigs running the pipelines and sinking out of sight, to never, ever, ever to be the same as before... And, sit in the shop in the A/C in Summer or heat in winter and look at my clean machine and think what could have happened , but didn't,

I just snapped out of that lucid dream.. sorry . Hope you get the info you need.

Enjoy the R4
How could you not?
Thanks

Is this what aggies do?

Guns UP!

Reactions: Backwoods and TxDoc
TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is this what aggies do?

Guns UP!
Gig Em

Gig 'Em
Hullabaloo, Caneck! Caneck!
Whoop!!
The privilege of whooping is only given to juniors and seniors. The story goes that when hunting wildcats, juniors and seniors were experienced enough to shoot and kill. They celebrated this with an exclamatory “WHOOP!” and now it is used to express excitement and comradery everywhere an Aggie goes.

I'm glad Texas Tech brought back the Midnight Rider Program.

Went to many basketball games from 2001-2008 to see Bobby Knight at Texas Tech.

Sorry for the post highjack.😔... now, back to your regularly scheduled Ruidoso NM Riding Area Replies... 🤗

Last edited:
lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
@bcs-extreme I would love to hear what you know about the area.
We pass through Ruidoso NM when going to visit my wife's family in Arizona.

I have been looking at an area south of Ruidoso in the Lincoln National Forest.
There are a number of old abandoned railroad trestles in the area, one near Cloudcroft.
Google maps view:

I have read that others are accessible by ATV/SxS.

The only thing I really know is the forest service MVUM - its the official this is where you can drive what map:

I haven't been there yet.
Please circle back after your trip and let us know what you find.

B

bcs-extreme

Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2020
Texas
Ownership

1. Talon X
@bcs-extreme I would love to hear what you know about the area.
We pass through Ruidoso NM when going to visit my wife's family in Arizona.

I have been looking at an area south of Ruidoso in the Lincoln National Forest.
There are a number of old abandoned railroad trestles in the area, one near Cloudcroft.
Google maps view:
View attachment 399133

I have read that others are accessible by ATV/SxS.

The only thing I really know is the forest service MVUM - its the official this is where you can drive what map:

I haven't been there yet.
Please circle back after your trip and let us know what you find.
@lee I know nothing of the area. My wife booked us a cabin in Ruidoso for my birthday Sept. 8th-12th so I decided to take the new rig with us. I will definitely report back and let you know how it goes.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!