Rumor: Next Pioneer to have High/Low range, Open rear diff!

admin

admin

Your club! I just turn it on!
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 7, 2013
We have received several documents this week that bring further speculation to what is to come. Keep in mind these are only speculations with detailed drawings that prove they could be close to production. All I can say for certen is that Honda is playing around with the ideas owners expect to see in the coming years. Hopefully they will come to market soon.

Also see the Pioneer Sport speculation here --> honda-future-sport-sxs-f62/rumor-could-this-the-new-honda-pioneer-sport-t2117.html

-------------------
One of the documents we received originally was to show a NEW and TRUE park brake system where a internal lock is placed on the drive line within the transmission.

Here you can see a new layout for the park brake as well as updated shift leavers. What you cant help but notice is the fact there are additional places on both shift leavers. You can plainly see a system will be in place for High and Low range for the main drive line. Peaking a look off to the right and at the 4x4 leaver you will notice a 4 position leaver where the current Pioneer 700 only has 3. One could speculate the extra spot to be for a OPEN rear diff.

Attachments

• low-range.png
    low-range.png
    273.6 KB · Views: 1,597
nglauer

nglauer

Nov 15, 2014
Re: Rumor: Next Pioneer to have High/Low range, Open rear di

I'm liking the idea of an open rear diff! I hope that makes it into production, as I plan to use whatever I buy around my property. I have a pull behind finish mower and brush hog, and I like the idea of pulling them without a locked rear. I've also hesitated on buying a Pioneer because of the lack of a low range... so this looks like awesome news to me. Hope if makes it to production sooner than later.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Lockable rear end would be nice, turf mode if you want to call it that.

Costs more to produce and complicates operation so something else to break.

But it'd still be nice, maybe if it were mechanical like the lockable front on the 700 I'd feel better about it.

nglauer

nglauer

Nov 15, 2014

ohanacreek said:

But it'd still be nice, maybe if it were mechanical like the lockable front on the 700 I'd feel better about it.

I have to agree with the mechanical idea, then again Honda seems to have done quite well with electronic actuation in other models. My Honda rancher has never had any issues with the ESP, and it's seen plenty of water and some mud. I would like to see a way to unlock it though, I really want something I can use in the yard without tearing it up... but easily locked for trail riding. I'm sure it'll be more reliable than a Polaris either way.. although probably more expensive out the door.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'd rather pay a little more up front to not pay maintenance cost, other than gas, tires and oil, OR have it down for a time while it's being fixed by me or others.

rlutech

rlutech

Jan 18, 2015
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3

Selectable rear diff. = something else to fail...IMO. I've always liked Honda because they've always focused on the bare essentials which has lead to bulletproof products. If you need all of the bells and whistles, buy a Polaris!

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

I would love the selectable rear diff. It would actually cause less wear on the rear tires, less impact on the turf, and less strain on the rear drive train. The 700 is heavy and wide and I'm sure there are a lot of unwanted binding or forces when turning sharp with large tires. I do agree with the post above however that simple=reliable. But in this discussion I would prefer the selectable rear diff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I have a unlocking rear (Tuff Mode) on my MULE FXT and LOVE it. It works very well and I am often amazed how many place I can go with out having to lock it. We use it in the yard and it leaves no damage. If Honda would offer it I think it would be a success.

C

catman

Mar 4, 2013
I would consider the mule fxt my next machine if it weren't for the gawdafull seating ergos and no room for your left foot, if kawi would improve the fxt in that area i think it would be topdog in the utility trail machine catagory, the build quality is excelent!!!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

I'm confused, are you talking about a limited slip dif? I use our P 1 in turf mode all the time in the yard with no damage to the yard?????????

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I'm confused, are you talking about a limited slip dif? I use our P 1 in turf mode all the time in the yard with no damage to the yard?????????
Crap this is an old thread, never mind!!!!!!!!!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Smitty. Can you find the 1st post ever posted?

Actually. Its will be the second one as 1st was a example post now deleted.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Smitty. Can you find the 1st post ever posted?

Actually. Its will be the second one as 1st was a example post now deleted.

Was that back in 13?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Not telling u. Lol.

But you love to find old as hell post. Hahah.
Figured i give u somerhing to work towards. Haha.

HA!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!