Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
We don't salt down any tankless water heaters after installs! But availability has gotten a lot better. The Rinnai units we install are made in Japan not China.
We sell and install Navian tankless and combi boilers there made in south Korea

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
That's where my Kioti tractor was made, one of the largest steel manufactures, transmission, motor MGF's in the world. Dialong or something like that.
The plant the Navians are made is the biggist boiler plants in the world as well.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So I have had my p1k about 8 months, I have noticed frame rust on the sides under the bed to the point the paint is gone in one area and another where it is separating into like sheets. These are relatively small areas nothing really big. Just kinda surprised its only 8 months old and its already rusting up like this. Anyone else noticing this?
What model year is this unit?

Reactions: Biteme and Buggyman
ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
2022 bought brand new.
This is disappointing to say the least. I thought they were dipping the frames to prevent this. The welding on them leaves a lot to be desired also.
And spraying with Fluidfilm or others really clings the dirt and grit to everything.
Does anyone know if the frames are being built here or in Japan?

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
This is disappointing to say the least. I thought they were dipping the frames to prevent this. The welding on them leaves a lot to be desired also.
And spraying with Fluidfilm or others really clings the dirt and grit to everything.
Does anyone know if the frames are being built here or in Japan?
I doubt anything on that thing comes from Japan other than the ignition coils.

F

FloridaPath

Mar 23, 2021
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well as much as this sucks, I guess I'm going to look into some suggestions here and do some searching of the forums and see what people are doing. Going so be difficult to get down that square tube. Hope other people don't have this issue. And if they do they find this post and maybe can gather something from it to help.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Well as much as this sucks, I guess I'm going to look into some suggestions here and do some searching of the forums and see what people are doing. Going so be difficult to get down that square tube. Hope other people don't have this issue. And if they do they find this post and maybe can gather something from it to help.
You could move from the Rust belt?

F

FloridaPath

Mar 23, 2021
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You could move from the Rust belt?
I didnt think florida was the rust belt...? Again I have a z400 from when I was younger that I never washed or anything and it looks better then this. And I rode the heck out of it pretty much everyday. I wish it had a miles meter on it just to see how much I rode it. This thing gets baby'd and washed after all my rides. That was my point... is this normal for a 8 month old p1k to do this? At this rate I dont think its going to last as long as my z400.

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
The Engine/Transmission is built in Japan and shipped here. It appears that lackluster workers Here are the cause of most of our woes. Sad that Honda of all MFGs would let quality control slip.
I am surprised to hear that, but if true, that is a good thing. Honda has been making most of their engines in Thailand lately, I think Yamaha builds there also.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I didnt think florida was the rust belt...? Again I have a z400 from when I was younger that I never washed or anything and it looks better then this. And I rode the heck out of it pretty much everyday. I wish it had a miles meter on it just to see how much I rode it. This thing gets baby'd and washed after all my rides. That was my point... is this normal for a 8 month old p1k to do this? At this rate I dont think its going to last as long as my z400.
Mine has had the same issue for a while, I didn't check mileage wise but it's been a long time. I spray some kind of grease/oily substance down the pipes and call it a day. Seems to be surface rust from shíty paint job. Also, for what it's worth, I don't clean my machine off top to bottom very often. Just clean off the main/critical areas and keep on riding. It does sleep in my shop unless out on a trip, then it stays out in the elements for however long.

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I dont ride on the beach but I do wash it down
I understand what you're saying but apparently salt is in the air. I grew up near the Texas Gulf Coast with the same climate as Florida. Everything rusted there.

I left at age 15 and never returned except to visit old friends and classmates many years later. I have a strong dislike for that climate for many reasons including rusted metal.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Has anyone looked into zinc or magnesium blocks that are used in the marine industry to fight corrosion.

Reactions: Biteme and Buggyman

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!