P1000 S&S Fabrication A arm guards

Jediwrathchild

Jediwrathchild

Apr 24, 2016
Kodiak, AK
Got my new A arm guards installed. Very happy with the product overall! Rears were kind of a bear to get installed. It appears they may contact the rear ROPS under full suspension travel through. I guess we'll see next time I hit some bumps.

Image Image

Jediwrathchild

Jediwrathchild

Apr 24, 2016
Kodiak, AK
On second inspection. Should have plenty of clearance. Still recommend a second set of hands for the rear installation.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Jediwrathchild

Jediwrathchild

Apr 24, 2016
Kodiak, AK
What was the full price on those?

They were $220.00 but shipping em up here to AK was 70 bucks on top of that. Well worth it in my opinion. The trail I'll run most often has lots of creek crossings and big rocks that hide when it gets deep. They're robust and have more coverage than the others I've seen. Also you can get whatever you want laser cut into them!

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've had mine for a couple months now and they are holding up great. I too thought the rears looked like they might hit but haven't had any problems with it. Quality pieces. Also have the skid plate which I've put to good use on some big rocks lol.

Reactions: Marine660 and sharp
advertisement
Riverrat

Riverrat

Jul 3, 2016
UP of Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just installed front and back guards from S&S Fab. No problem with fronts but back guards didn't look right, was hitting the sway bar, I installed them as the print showed and the picture showed on EBay. I called Shaun at S&S, then sent him pictures, come to find out that his print is backward and the picture on EBay the rear guards are installed backward or driver side is on passenger side and passenger side is on driver side on that machine. I reversed them on the rear of my p1k5d and they fit fine, no clearance problems. Shaun said he ships 20 or so sets a day and I was the first to complain on fit of rears, sounds like there is a lot of rear guards out there installed backward.

Reactions: Delton and Stauvo
M

Madore128

Mar 28, 2016
Ma
I have a front an rear set of these guards for sale if anyone is looking for them?????

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just installed front and back guards from S&S Fab. No problem with fronts but back guards didn't look right, was hitting the sway bar, I installed them as the print showed and the picture showed on EBay. I called Shaun at S&S, then sent him pictures, come to find out that his print is backward and the picture on EBay the rear guards are installed backward or driver side is on passenger side and passenger side is on driver side on that machine. I reversed them on the rear of my p1k5d and they fit fine, no clearance problems. Shaun said he ships 20 or so sets a day and I was the first to complain on fit of rears, sounds like there is a lot of rear guards out there installed backward.
I must've swapped my rears a dozen times trying to get them right. They may still be backwards for all I know lol. Those 1/4-20 bolts started breaking on my rear guards. I replaced them with 5/16 bolts. Had to modify the holes of course. Other than that I love them. I climb over rocks every chance I get and no problems at all (other than the tiny bolts of course lol).

N

Nightcrawler

Apr 23, 2016
Portland, OR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I must've swapped my rears a dozen times trying to get them right. They may still be backwards for all I know lol. Those 1/4-20 bolts started breaking on my rear guards. I replaced them with 5/16 bolts. Had to modify the holes of course. Other than that I love them. I climb over rocks every chance I get and no problems at all (other than the tiny bolts of course lol).
Dammit, just checked mine and they have been rubbing a little bit. Guess I will flip mine around? What a pain in the ass.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Dammit, just checked mine and they have been rubbing a little bit. Guess I will flip mine around? What a pain in the ass.
Post a pic of yours and I'll post a pic so we can compare setups. I "think" mine is right but it looked like the corner may hit my swaybar so I cut some off with a sawzall. Haven't seen any rubbing so maybe it's all good lol

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!