P1000 Safe axle shaft angle???

A

AK_Centurion

Feb 12, 2016
Eagle River, AK
How much angle do you think we can run on these stock shafts? I just ordered the Highlifter 2.5" bracket lift and also the 2" spring spacers. Thinking about adding the spacers to help with bottoming out the front shocks and installing only the rear lift brackets. I can't say what the exact angle is on my machine with the Catvos lift, but it didn't look too bad. Brackets and spacers should show up about the time I get back from work in a week.
This is the angle before I moved the machine and let the suspension settle. Should sit around this angle with the extra lift. Ordered the parts knowing I could sell the parts for cost, if this won't work.

Reactions: Eltobgi
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Jack the vehicle up and spin the tires by hand and see if the joints bind.

If they do, that means it will also happen if you get into off camber situations with one wheel up or jump the vehicle.

If it does bind, you could put limit straps on it so you will keep the ride height and prevent binding.

Reactions: dale5740
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm hoping the "safe" angle is around 30 degrees lmao

A

AK_Centurion

Feb 12, 2016
Eagle River, AK
Got confirmation, both kits shipped. Will be doing some experimenting once they show up in a week or so.

CashMoney

CashMoney

Feb 5, 2016
Reno, NV
www.SRTNV.com
Have any of you guys with lifts stopped after riding a while and checked to see if the CV joints are running any warmer than they would be stock? That and binding would be my only worries

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have any of you guys with lifts stopped after riding a while and checked to see if the CV joints are running any warmer than they would be stock? That and binding would be my only worries
I haven't but probably should have. Won't have time to ride again until Royal Blue.

A

AK_Centurion

Feb 12, 2016
Eagle River, AK
Don't think this is going to work. Jacked the rear of the machine up and disconnected the top of the shock. I couldn't push the suspension down far enough to get the shock out of the pocket and the shock was almost touching the tire. I'd say its a no go.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!