P1000 Saggy door issue

Duramax

Duramax

Jul 23, 2015
Dresden,TN
I’m thinking about not buying my reserved Pioneer 1000 - 5 that is supposed to be delivered next week. It sounds like they are being sold with a lot of bugs in them. Maybe the quality control guy at the factory was washed away in the flood. I probably would not use it that much in the cold winter weather. Maybe a better time to buy would be spring when all the bugs have been worked out.
That's not a bad idea! I'm thinking the dealers will be very busy with this new model! I mean it sounds like a lot of little stuff but that maybe enough to scare away customers who don't have time to spend doing all this tinkering/adjusting that others have done to there new machine. I'm a fulltime fireman and part time mechanic and I'm capable of figuring most anything out and fixing it but I bought a new machine for a reason! So I could fuel it up fire it up and go ride on my limited day off work every other Sunday. So I'll be damned if I'm gonna be working on it lol.

DTAGG

DTAGG

Sep 11, 2015
ST GEORGE UTAH/ACCORD LAKES SEVIER COUNTY UTAH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's not a bad idea! I'm thinking the dealers will be very busy with this new model! I mean it sounds like a lot of little stuff but that maybe enough to scare away customers who don't have time to spend doing all this tinkering/adjusting that others have done to there new machine. I'm a fulltime fireman and part time mechanic and I'm capable of figuring most anything out and fixing it but I bought a new machine for a reason! So I could fuel it up fire it up and go ride on my limited day off work every other Sunday. So I'll be damned if I'm gonna be working on it lol.
Honestly I agree with you, I was so damn excited yesterday at delivery I didn't care too much but after a few miles rattle rattle bang bang I had to do something. There's an ass for every seat, I am anal about noises. Fix it or figure it out. By the way, the engine sounds like an F1 super car and it is fast.

Reactions: Buryit and Andy
Duramax

Duramax

Jul 23, 2015
Dresden,TN
Honestly I agree with you, I was so damn excited yesterday at delivery I didn't care too much but after a few miles rattle rattle bang bang I had to do something. There's an ass for every seat, I am anal about noises. Fix it or figure it out. By the way, the engine sounds like an F1 super car and it is fast.
Well I'm pumped about getting this machine just worried about the s*** I gotta tinker on lol. The engine sound you described has me anxious!

DTAGG

DTAGG

Sep 11, 2015
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well I'm pumped about getting this machine just worried about the s*** I gotta tinker on lol. The engine sound you described has me anxious!
I did the door adjustments in 5 minutes. Turn counterclockwise the rubber bumpers to tighten the latch to striker, no big deal, all four doors have them. Do your self a favor before first ride and open the rear seats up and fasten them in like you were hauling two more people and you will have a great first impression no rattles. They built the seats with a torq hinge so we don't loose our fingers almost like a shock absorber, very nice feature. But when collapsed they kind of float and don't anchor. Hence the minor rattle. Don't get disappointed about any of my opinions. Please make your own. Damn I am glad I got this machine.

DTAGG

DTAGG

Sep 11, 2015
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I did the door adjustments in 5 minutes. Turn counterclockwise the rubber bumpers to tighten the latch to striker, no big deal, all four doors have them. Do your self a favor before first ride and open the rear seats up and fasten them in like you were hauling two more people and you will have a great first impression no rattles. They built the seats with a torq hinge so we don't loose our fingers almost like a shock absorber, very nice feature. But when collapsed they kind of float and don't anchor. Hence the minor rattle. Don't get disappointed about any of my opinions. Please make your own. Damn I am glad I got this machine.
Just wanted to add . This vehicle is very well balanced low center gravity engine dead center of machine. Nothing like sitting on a rocket.:)

A

Andy

Sep 28, 2015
I added a nav to mine today. For some of the back roads I'll use. Ran the wire behind dash. Tons of room back there...

HivoltageHonda

HivoltageHonda

Aug 6, 2015
Hernando, MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I see you took that goudy warning sticker off. Looks good.

Reactions: Andy
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 7031

Assembly lines do not have time to make all the necessary adjustments as you like it, they have to pack and ship quick. I got new pioneer yesterday and a few adjustments and test rides later it is fixed. You will notice a lot of rattling with seats down in the back, they have a torq bar for easy of closing so you don't loose any fingers, it does not latch down just floats. After testing a few miles I found riding with seats up no noise, also gives more cargo space. Love it. I did however creat a fix for the bed floating seat noise. I used pipe foam noodle at the door where it holds the seat back down. Stopped the floating seat back. Temporary till I come up with another plan.i will try to get a picture. The bumper adjusts counterclockwise to extend.

I noticed the exact same rattle in the back when the seats are down. All my doors are right and needed no adjustments. can you share the noodle fix for the rear seats rattling? Pictures would be great!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
How many inches would you say is behind that sticker?

DTAGG

DTAGG

Sep 11, 2015
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I noticed the exact same rattle in the back when the seats are down. All my doors are right and needed no adjustments. can you share the noodle fix for the rear seats rattling? Pictures would be great!
On each rear door they have the bolster that holds down the seat backs when not upright. I simply added some foam pipe insulation "noodle material" on the side of the seat back and shut the doors against it. Just a temporary fix. I noticed thr tops of the seat backs have some shallow rubber as a bumper against there support so I will use some camper foam to dampen the vibration. So far I have achieved silence on my test runs except the bed latches. Very little clearance between the striker and latch so I cannot split a piece of rubber vacuumed line and fix that metal on metal chatter. Still working on this one.
I hope it helps sharing tech tips. I love to tinker on my equipment, no machine is perfect but this one is close.;)

advertisement
N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5

In the manual it tell how to adjust that piece. It is designed to be positioned optimally to eliminate movement. The manual also tell how to adjust the rubber stopper to keep the doors from rattling. All is designed in, you just have to read through the manual. :)

Reactions: DTAGG and tig
Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My dealer just got a red one in and took me for a ride. He drove wich was fine with me as i just wanted to focus on feel and sounds and it was already sold. We started it up while in a shop with door closed with tail gate abou 2 feet from door. It was sooo quiet in there and could only hear the trade mark gear/wir like sound of a big street bike. We gotter up to 45 in the ditch and all i heard was the click of shifting. Their were no rattles, squeaks or vibrations with seats down. Very, very smoooooth. Man I can't wait til spring. All 4 doors had no sag, tail gate did not lay flat and appeared to be aligned properly. A very sweet sweet machine.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Hearing all this is getting me excited! Mine is in town today but dealer not open till tomorrow :-(

Reactions: dustcole9
bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
@CumminsPusher I do not take any responsibility for your action from here on out!!!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
As much as I've been b****ing to them they would know it's me.....however bobbyhill that's funny as hell:) well played!

Reactions: bobbyhill
bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
As much as I've been b****ing to them they would know it's me.....however bobbyhill that's funny as hell:) well played!
You should of saw me! I was smileing ear to ear and sweating bullets tring to beat @JACKAL to the punch!!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I don't know if it will make news down there but I've got my crew. We're going in!

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!