P1000 Saggy door issue

Duramax

Duramax

Jul 23, 2015
Dresden,TN
So I have spoken with my dealer and he said the saggy door issue was nothing more than the door post needing to be adjusted. That being said I think that's why it was only on some doors and not all doors were saggy, maybe they just didn't take the time to adjust before being shipped out to dealers. He said his first pioneer 1000 had a saggy door and adjustment of post for latch fixed it. Plus he said Honda may be off there game a tad bit because they forgot to send the head rests and he would have to wait another week before he got those so whoever bought that particular machine isn't going to be happy about the wait lol.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I think Honda is really lacking a bit in this one. I know they are trying to push a lot through a fairly small factory but damn they are pissing a few of us off. What sucks is that it's worth waiting for so we will all just tuck our tails and wait

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
We all know its hard to find good help. People want a pay check.. not a JOB!
Rushing to get the product to us i'm sure has caused more headaches then anyone wants to take on.

With that said... Mine too is delayed due to similar issues. :(

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I'm dying hondasxs!!! Other then girls as a kid I've never wanted anything so bad! Now I'm all grown up and can kind of afford the good toys in told I can't have them :-(

S

SeanKirk77

Oct 21, 2015
I don't know about saggy doors but my driver side door has a VERY bad rattle. The passenger side...nothing. Any suggestions? I expect it to have some rattles after a year of driving but picking it up with 1.1 miles on it, I expect a tight machine.

Duramax

Duramax

Jul 23, 2015
Dresden,TN
I don't know about saggy doors but my driver side door has a VERY bad rattle. The passenger side...nothing. Any suggestions? I expect it to have some rattles after a year of driving but picking it up with 1.1 miles on it, I expect a tight machine.
I bet it's the linkage setup inside the door. Your dealer should be able to fix it.

S

SHAWNSHONDA

Jun 23, 2015
Scott,La
There's a rubber stop in the door you can adjust to stop the rattle.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Also. Just want to mention the double lock latch. We found with the 700, people having this issue were not closing the door all the way. Many were just hitting the first lock point and not the second.
Yet, others still had a rattle after insuring correct latch.

Reactions: Buryit
advertisement
Duramax

Duramax

Jul 23, 2015
Dresden,TN
First click rattle, second click tight/quiet

Also folks remember that plant was surrounded by devistating floods and it would affect output times and employees lives, I am sure it had put them in an unusual rush. Be thoughtful of their efforts.
That I haven't thought about. But will keep that in mind. Hopefully the rest of there years weather will be normal.

Reactions: itsleo and Buryit
A

Andy

Sep 28, 2015
I got mine yesterday and noticed same thing. Just unscrew the rubber stop a little on the door itself.

P

PKent

Oct 14, 2015
Yup. That fixed it
I’m thinking about not buying my reserved Pioneer 1000 - 5 that is supposed to be delivered next week. It sounds like they are being sold with a lot of bugs in them. Maybe the quality control guy at the factory was washed away in the flood. I probably would not use it that much in the cold winter weather. Maybe a better time to buy would be spring when all the bugs have been worked out.

A

Andy

Sep 28, 2015
My 2014 pioneer 700-4 needed the door stop adjusted too and it will probably need to be adjusted periodically. My machine has been great so far! I absolutely love it.

Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi Andy,

Thanks for the videos. Sounds pretty good, but I only have seat time in various Ranger models to compare.:rolleyes:
How about the seats? Are they good and comfy for trail riding?

Last edited:
A

Andy

Sep 28, 2015
Hi Andy,

Thanks for the videos. Sounds pretty good, but I only have seat time in various Ranger models to compare.:rolleyes:
How about the seats? Are they good and comfy for trail riding?
Yes they are very comfy and I'm 225 pounds.

Reactions: Buryit
DTAGG

DTAGG

Sep 11, 2015
ST GEORGE UTAH/ACCORD LAKES SEVIER COUNTY UTAH
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I’m thinking about not buying my reserved Pioneer 1000 - 5 that is supposed to be delivered next week. It sounds like they are being sold with a lot of bugs in them. Maybe the quality control guy at the factory was washed away in the flood. I probably would not use it that much in the cold winter weather. Maybe a better time to buy would be spring when all the bugs have been worked out.
Assembly lines do not have time to make all the necessary adjustments as you like it, they have to pack and ship quick. I got new pioneer yesterday and a few adjustments and test rides later it is fixed. You will notice a lot of rattling with seats down in the back, they have a torq bar for easy of closing so you don't loose any fingers, it does not latch down just floats. After testing a few miles I found riding with seats up no noise, also gives more cargo space. Love it. I did however creat a fix for the bed floating seat noise. I used pipe foam noodle at the door where it holds the seat back down. Stopped the floating seat back. Temporary till I come up with another plan.i will try to get a picture. The bumper adjusts counterclockwise to extend.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 348
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 423
Last edited:
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!