Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Just got the SATV ball joints in the mail. They look nice. Greaseable, adjustable preload for wear and you can disassemble them to clean without pressing them out. Suppose to be twice the strength of stock.

Resized 20190508 210859

Resized 20190508 210911

J

JTW

So they had some issues with the originals... I notice yours are black. Was that an option or just how they came? Originals were bare aluminum

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
So they had some issues with the originals... I notice yours are black. Was that an option or just how they came? Originals were bare aluminum
It's a coated chromoly. I did read about the shaft being long and might need a washer under the nut which it came with. I've already replaced a couple and one sounds like a well used hookers bed right now. Hopefully these being greaseable will last cause they are kind of a b**** to replace.

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

It's a coated chromoly. I did read about the shaft being long and might need a washer under the nut which it came with. I've already replaced a couple and one sounds like a well used hookers bed right now. Hopefully these being greaseable will last cause they are kind of a b**** to replace.
Hummmm.... May have to try them.

S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone killed a stock ball joint barring Toddacimers roll over?

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Has anyone killed a stock ball joint barring Toddacimers roll over?
I haven't broke one but I'm at #3 or 4 of one needing replaced. All of mine have been worn from replacing the grease with muddy water. It would help a ton if they were greaseable. 95% of my miles have been hard miles.

S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Getting ready to do the arched A arms in a few weeks, just trying to figure out what ball joints to run.

Looked up the Keller joints....holy cow!

advertisement
J

JTW

Getting ready to do the arched A arms in a few weeks, just trying to figure out what ball joints to run.

Looked up the Keller joints....holy cow!
I’d try the SATV like snuff did if I were doing them now.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!