P500 School me on spacers

C

Chooglin

No need to be concerned, Trigger's OCD is flaring up :p

The wheel offset from Honda is different from front to back so if you run aftermarket wheels with the same offset on all 4 the rear tires will set a 1/2" in on each side as compared to the front. If you have stock wheels the track is the same.
This all sums it up right here.

Most will change the wheels when buying new tires. So width only changes when you go to after market wheels that are all the same width.

Reactions: crewcabrob
T

The_Frontiersmn

Dec 10, 2022
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 500
Why? I just mounted a plough and have never had any experience with one.. Should uneven track width be a concern?
I know it's an old thread, but I don't think your front and rear track being different widths should affect pushing a snow plow too much. Where it does make a difference is driving through snow of any depth, as your rear tires have to make at least a partial track on their own rather than following down the tracks of the front wheels.

C2Corvette1

C2Corvette1

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2023
Texas
Ownership

1. 520
I did not see it mentioned, but are our wheels (and if so then hopefully aftermarket wheels) "hubcentric" ? It looks like the Moose spacers may be machined correctly for that with a centering hub counterbore and then a lip on the wheel side, but others I see are just flat both sides.

Reactions: crewcabrob
crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
I did not see it mentioned, but are our wheels (and if so then hopefully aftermarket wheels) "hubcentric" ? It looks like the Moose spacers may be machined correctly for that with a centering hub counterbore and then a lip on the wheel side, but others I see are just flat both sides.
I know hub-centric is the best way to make sure your wheel sits correctly on your hub, but I can tell you that at 39mph with offroad tires, you may not notice if they aren't perfectly centered. If the P500/520 could travel at higher speeds, I would be more concerned about it.

Rob

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I know hub-centric is the best way to make sure your wheel sits correctly on your hub, but I can tell you that at 39mph with offroad tires, you may not notice if they aren't perfectly centered. If the P500/520 could travel at higher speeds, I would be more concerned about it.

Rob

I think it's more about weight distribution. You don't want the full weight of the vehicle resting solely on the lugs.

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
I did not see it mentioned, but are our wheels (and if so then hopefully aftermarket wheels) "hubcentric" ?
No.
honda centers the wheel off the lugs and the lug nut seats are spherical.
Hub centering always has some offset due to the clearance required for assembly.
But, as @crewcabrob said dose it matter with off road tires at low speeds?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!