rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
The back is wider though. I plumbed down the outside of the tires with a level and made a mark on the floor for front and back. Actually did it twice to make sure. 53 - 53 3/4. 9's on front, 11's on back.
Same width tires...here
ok....57"....something front
58"....on the nut....rear
if your trying to create
....my measurements. .
Match the psi......
Just sayin ...
...low psi...gives more width of
machine...but takes away height
of tire

Reactions: Dp5hunter
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I just added 1" Moose Racing spacers front and back. Torqued them to 60 ft lbs. Used blue thread lock. Running stock rims with 26" Mudlites @ 8 psi. I'm taking the P5 on a major ride tomorrow. That'll give me an idea if going from 50" to 52" will be noticeable. 52" is the max width to squeeze the rig between the wheelwells in the back of my GMC 2500 truck.
Al
Why...does it have to fit...
between wheel wells of truck?

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Forgive my ignorance ..... I thought wheel spacers put more stress on your hub and axle and other moving parts and were NOT a good idea to use....I could be wrong..
wheels with different offset where a better option..
I looked at many reviews..on wheel spacers....
I found those who..applied them to....sport
models...had bearing/ Hub...problems..more
so than those applied to utility models..

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Forgive my ignorance ..... I thought wheel spacers put more stress on your hub and axle and other moving parts and were NOT a good idea to use....I could be wrong..
wheels with different offset where a better option..
You go with just offset tires...if ya need to go
...narrow..you cant..
at least you can remove...spacers
& continue to ride......
where we ride...No Restrictions

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I like the option of transporting in the truck. It's easy. I'll use the trailer when I carry two machines.
Al
Your the 3rd guy...
I've asked..bout fitting
between...wheelwells..
With no...answer...why
So..I will answer. With.my thoughts
.....I got ..very little room to hook
my tiedowns..to hooks in bed of
...truck..that's the only..problem
I can see...

AlR

AlR

Nov 14, 2016
Nanaimo, British Columbia
Ownership

1. 500
Your the 3rd guy...
I've asked..bout fitting
between...wheelwells..
With no...answer...why
So..I will answer. With.my thoughts
.....I got ..very little room to hook
my tiedowns..to hooks in bed of
...truck..that's the only..problem
I can see...

Ok. I'm not a fan of driving the P5 over the wheel wells cuz I want to preserve my rear cab window. On my GMC I have heavy duty tie-down points in the corners of the box. I'm tall enough that I can stand beside the truck and easily attach the straps to the machine. Super convenient. Every guy has a 'system' that he uses to transport his rig. Sometimes we drive the truck well into the bush. Taking a trailer is sometimes problematic if you had to u-turn on a tight road.

Last edited:
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Ok. I'm not a fan of driving the P5 over the wheel wells cuz I want to preserve my rear cab window. On my GMC I have heavy duty tie-down points in the corners of the box. I'm tall enough that I can stand beside the truck and easily attach the straps to the machine. Super convenient. Every guy has a 'system' that he uses to transpoer their machines. Sometimes we drive the truck well into the bush. Taking a trailer is sometimes problematic if you had to u-turn on a tight road.
It's kool bro...
your correct eveybody...got
there own deal... P5 fitting
In the truck bed....big selling
feature for alot of guys
I hear ya.. I got "15"
GMC Sierra 2500...LongBox
...I have some old tri- fold..
ramps...I place as wheel stops
for the p5..against under back window...

Reactions: AlR
RydeAK

RydeAK

Aug 20, 2016
Alaska
Ownership

1. 500
So it’s a given that spacers and offset wheels will increase force and therefore stress on the bearings, ball joints etc. it’s simple math.

So now that plenty of people have lots of miles on spacers: has anyone had any premature wear, etc that could be attributed to the spacers? Loose lug nuts don’t count!

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
So it’s a given that spacers and offset wheels will increase force and therefore stress on the bearings, ball joints etc. it’s simple math.

So now that plenty of people have lots of miles on spacers: has anyone had any premature wear, etc that could be attributed to the spacers? Loose lug nuts don’t count!
Nope...
The ride I'm getting..getting
with offset...& spacers...
is awesome. .
& no wear...little more floaty
in sand...
worn bearings are welcomed...
in trade for stability. ..&
traction
IMO

RydeAK

RydeAK

Aug 20, 2016
Alaska
Ownership

1. 500
Cool, I just installed 1.5" spacers from SuperATV. The stability increase is well worth it.

From my engineering classes, bearings design consists of probability of failure under an applied load and number of cycles. Hardly anyone actually designs a bearing anymore, an engineer would simply select a bearing off a chart appropriate for the weight and number of cycles corresponding to a mileage they decided was reasonable. IMO, only an idiot would not have applied a safety factor on top of that..

Reactions: trigger
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Cool, I just installed 1.5" spacers from SuperATV. The stability increase is well worth it.

From my engineering classes, bearings design consists of probability of failure under an applied load and number of cycles. Hardly anyone actually designs a bearing anymore, an engineer would simply select a bearing off a chart appropriate for the weight and number of cycles corresponding to a mileage they decided was reasonable. IMO, only an idiot would not have applied a safety factor on top of that..
Reviews...I've read..about spacers..
The only bad reviews..we're on sporty
models / Rock Crawlers...abusive driving
& terrain...

Reactions: trigger
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
There's a driving guide..on all
...SxS / ATV....I would guess 75%
Of riders/owners push there ride...
beyond...wat Manufacturer allows...

Reactions: GRANITE
I

Ichybod

Apr 25, 2015
Tucson, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3
1. It's much easier to gain width with spacers vs wider wheels. If you went with 1 1/2" spacers ,it's the same as going with a 4+3 wheel !.........personally, I would just put them on the rear.

2. 1 1/2" to 2.00" are most common

3. Can't answer this one

4. It will give you a slight amount more leverage to compress the springs.

I would suggest a larger radial tire 26"-27"
And remove the sway bar for a better ride!
Chooglin, why the preference for just putting spacers on the rear?

C

Chooglin

Chooglin, why the preference for just putting spacers on the rear?
The rear of the pioneer 500 is slightly narrower. By putting them on the rear only it will even out the width front to rear.

I have 5+2 wheels with 26x9x12 tires on all four. I went with 1.00" spacers in the front and 1 1/2" in the rear. My width is around 53"-54" I.I.R. front and back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 100Acre and trigger
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
The rear of the pioneer 500 is slightly narrower. By putting them on the rear only it will even out the width front to rear.

I have 5+2 wheels with 26x9x12 tires on all four. I went with 1.00" spacers in the front and 1 1/2" in the rear. My width is around 53"-54" I.I.R. front and back.
I wasn’t aware that there was a width difference!!! Circumstances have changed for me with the addition of my other Pioneers, one at each property, I have the opportunity to leave my P5 at the only place I ride it now, the Ouachita National Forest. Sense I don’t have to load it in the bed of my truck anymore, and sense I’ve not seen anyone who has used them for years now present any unusual wear to bearings and steering, I’ve installed spacers on it to increase stability. But I installed the same thickness spacers on all four wheels!!! However, my front tires are 1” narrower than the rear tires so hopefully it’s the same width front to rear. I’ll be checking that next weekend.

Last edited:
Reactions: 100Acre
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
The 906
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Why? I just mounted a plough and have never had any experience with one.. Should uneven track width be a concern?
No need to be concerned, Trigger's OCD is flaring up :p

The wheel offset from Honda is different from front to back so if you run aftermarket wheels with the same offset on all 4 the rear tires will set a 1/2" in on each side as compared to the front. If you have stock wheels the track is the same.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!