P1000 Search for spare rim and tire

O

OKI-MAN

Lifetime Member
Mar 30, 2016
Oklahoma
Hi all,
I've been lurking for some time before I bought my rig. Went to Wolf Pen Gap last week to break in my new 1000-5 deluxe. Was impressed with it and the way it performed. This is my first SXS as I have ridden ATV's up until now. Started out on three wheelers and have been riding ever since. Didn't know what to expect from Sampson (it's new name) but I was impressed with the power, agility and yes the transmission. I really like the paddle shifters and used manual 90% of the time. I didn't attempt the most difficult trails but made all the easy and mid level. Once I get good skid plates under it and a spare tire, etc. I will be ready for more difficult trails. That brings me to my request.
I really feel the need to have a spare tire and rim with me for my next trip and am asking if anyone has one or more that they have pulled off a deluxe model that they would sell. I live in Oklahoma and would like to find something fairly close but would travel a reasonable distance to get what I need. Also, would appreciate any advise on good skid plates at a reasonable price. Thanks for any help you can give me and also for all the good info and experience that you share here. It is worth sooooo much.

Oki-Man

Reactions: Luv4Chaos1
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hi all,
I've been lurking for some time before I bought my rig. Went to Wolf Pen Gap last week to break in my new 1000-5 deluxe. Was impressed with it and the way it performed. This is my first SXS as I have ridden ATV's up until now. Started out on three wheelers and have been riding ever since. Didn't know what to expect from Sampson (it's new name) but I was impressed with the power, agility and yes the transmission. I really like the paddle shifters and used manual 90% of the time. I didn't attempt the most difficult trails but made all the easy and mid level. Once I get good skid plates under it and a spare tire, etc. I will be ready for more difficult trails. That brings me to my request.
I really feel the need to have a spare tire and rim with me for my next trip and am asking if anyone has one or more that they have pulled off a deluxe model that they would sell. I live in Oklahoma and would like to find something fairly close but would travel a reasonable distance to get what I need. Also, would appreciate any advise on good skid plates at a reasonable price. Thanks for any help you can give me and also for all the good info and experience that you share here. It is worth sooooo much.

Oki-Man

Welcome to the forum Oki. I once had a dog named Oki.

Anyway, we are glad you chose to join HondaSXS.

You will have a few choices with skid plates. A lot of people like UHMW as its super tough and slick. It will skid over rocks. However, at our group ride in Royal Blue, I cracked a UHMW skid plate and so did another member.

The aluminum skid plate are lighter and cheaper but they stick to rocks like glue and will stop momentum. If you're skid plates are to stop damage from stumps and sticks, aluminum would be good.

O

OKI-MAN

Lifetime Member
Mar 30, 2016
Oklahoma
Welcome to the forum Oki. I once had a dog named Oki.

Anyway, we are glad you chose to join HondaSXS.

You will have a few choices with skid plates. A lot of people like UHMW as its super tough and slick. It will skid over rocks. However, at our group ride in Royal Blue, I cracked a UHMW skid plate and so did another member.

The aluminum skid plate are lighter and cheaper but they stick to rocks like glue and will stop momentum. If you're skid plates are to stop damage from stumps and sticks, aluminum would be good.

Wow, I have to put equipment protection higher priority than performance in this instance. Too many vital components under there to take a risk in my world. Any particular aluminum vendor that is good bang for the buck? Also, been looking at the Honda two piece windshield and like it. Have read about most of them and the pros and cons but still haven't made a decision. Did install the Superwinch 45 and really like it. Also set up a battery isolator with second battery and it seems like a good move too.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Let's ask @Delton about his aluminum skids if you're going aluminum. I saw his and they looked good.

Sent from my iPhone 10s

O

OKI-MAN

Lifetime Member
Mar 30, 2016
Oklahoma
Would be very interested to hear his opinion/experience with his. Also vendor and price would be helpful.

O

oilslick

May 4, 2016
central illinois
Did you ever get a spare,I need one as well, don't care what just so it holds air and bolts up!

GumpAir

GumpAir

Jun 16, 2016
Dayton, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just to bump this old thread.

Internet source for a non-Honda (not paying $225 for OEM) plain steel front wheel to use for the spare for a P1000-3?

Gump

O

OKI-MAN

Lifetime Member
Mar 30, 2016
Oklahoma
I haven't gotten a spare yet but will be getting skid plates and spare w/mount soon. Any good bargains out there guys?

C

Crashdavis

Jul 4, 2016
Ar/Ok
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Gentlemen: I may be able to help us all, I put bead locks and 8plys on my 1000 deluxe and need to sell all four original wheels and tires, also I'm near Fort Smith AR
My email is [email protected]
400 for all 4 I reckon

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!