P1000m3 Seat Covers for P10003

S

Shannon840

Apr 2, 2016
Nova Scotia
I just bought the Honda brand camo seat for my 1000-3. Was able to get the seat on no problem but can't figure out how to get the backrest cover on? Go to the website the instructions point you to and have no luck, Can anyone help?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
@Jbird just did a set.i think he did a write up on here can trace through his name if you don't get a quick response I've got a different brand I'm not positive with Hondas but mine I took the 5 10mm bolts out of the back of the backrest and they went on beautiful can hardly tell.

Jbird

Jbird

Jan 6, 2016
Mena, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just bought the Honda brand camo seat for my 1000-3. Was able to get the seat on no problem but can't figure out how to get the backrest cover on? Go to the website the instructions point you to and have no luck, Can anyone help?
Shannon we just put this set on our P1k-5. The seat back is actually easier than the seat bottom but you have to take the seat back off to put the cover on. It's easy to do just take out the five bolts holding it on. Both covers are extremely tight and we had to use a plastic spatula and two large plastic spoons shoved in there to get enough stretch to finally pull the corner over. We took the bottom cushion off to work on it as well. My wife and I worked our butt off till we got them on. In the end it was worth it as they fit tight and we love the texture of the material. No more sweaty legs in shorts sticking to the vinyl and doesn't show the cat prints.:D

Reactions: CumminsPusher
S

Shannon840

Apr 2, 2016
Nova Scotia
Shannon we just put this set on our P1k-5. The seat back is actually easier than the seat bottom but you have to take the seat back off to put the cover on. It's easy to do just take out the five bolts holding it on. Both covers are extremely tight and we had to use a plastic spatula and two large plastic spoons shoved in there to get enough stretch to finally pull the corner over. We took the bottom cushion off to work on it as well. My wife and I worked our butt off till we got them on. In the end it was worth it as they fit tight and we love the texture of the material. No more sweaty legs in shorts sticking to the vinyl and doesn't show the cat prints.:D

Than

Thanks for the feedback - that worked.

Reactions: Jbird
Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

I am interested in these or something like that. My wife doesn't want to have a "sweaty butt" when we are riding. She wants something that is like a cloth seat cover between her rear and the vinyl. Is that what these are like?

Reactions: Jbird
Jbird

Jbird

Jan 6, 2016
Mena, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am interested in these or something like that. My wife doesn't want to have a "sweaty butt" when we are riding. She wants something that is like a cloth seat cover between her rear and the vinyl. Is that what these are like?
Yes. We love these seat covers.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!