seat getting hot

H

honda623

Jul 17, 2018
canada
was out riding with the wife and dog tonight and knowticed the seat was getting hot didn't think this was an issue on the 500s I know the 1000 had a recall to fix the issue whats the fix for the 500?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: DG Rider
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
was out riding with the wife and dog tonight and knowticed the seat was getting hot didn't think this was an issue on the 500s I know the 1000 had a recall to fix the issue whats the fix for the 500?

How hot was it?
I mean...there is an engine down there, so there's going to be some heat. Some type of rubber mat or heat shielding would be easy to do.

The nerve endings in my ass must be dead from work...cause I never noticed these heat problems on the 500 or 700.

Reactions: Russ989 and Mudwing
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

It's a common problem. Gets worse when you drive through a water hole too. Everyone one has their go to material but I found rubber to be the best, TPO or EPDM. Just commercial rubber roofing material. Cuts down on the noise issue as well.

Rubber

H

honda623

Jul 17, 2018
canada
it was pretty warm enough to be uncomfortable

Reactions: DG Rider
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
it was pretty warm enough to be uncomfortable

Oh I know, been there. When I got mine everyone was using a carpet material with a foil backing. It worked well at resolving the problem but you would have to take it out to power wash or take it out to dry afterward or it would mildew. That's when it dawned on me to just use rubber and it actually worked better. It's heavier and lays flatter too. There aren't many issues with the P5 but the few you might encounter have been remedied by the members on this forum. ;)

KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
I used the cheap roll foam/rubber flooring cushion from Rural King that has the diamond plate print. Inexpensive works great and easy to clean.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
On my 700 I used one of those cheap cargo mats from wal mart for SUVs, cut to fit. The difference is I used it for sound rather than heat.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!