Seats

T

Treetop

Jan 21, 2015
I have a Honda Pioneer 500 and I wish someone or some aftermarket company would make bucket seats for it.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Treetops, welcome to the HondaSxS Club.
I have seen one Pioneer with bucket seats. I kick my self for not stopping him for pics and info. Being how popular the 700 has been I'm sure it want be long. Should transition over to the 500 with little modifications.

N

ninjafreek

Jul 16, 2014
I just mocked up some seats in my 500 pioneer but for some reason can't post to here I posted picks on another site

T

Treetop

Jan 21, 2015
ninjafreek said:
I just mocked up some seats in my 500 pioneer but for some reason can't post to here I posted picks on another site
I would like to see a couple of pics.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Careful with that site though. They seem to tag everything that is listed as "universal" as meaning to fit the Pioneer. Though it may work. It's not a direct fit and will require modifications.

MountainMan

MountainMan

Sep 1, 2014
Spokane Valley, Washington
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5
Careful with that site though. They seem to tag everything that is listed as "universal" as meaning to fit the Pioneer. Though it may work. It's not a direct fit and will require modifications.

I suspected that might be the case. Just thought some might be interested.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Just curious on the topic of P500 Seats. Is there any aftermarket seats available for the P500 ? Either bench or bucket but preferable a high back the goes up to the hard rubber OEM headrest. ? I don't mind some modding to make it work.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Just curious on the topic of P500 Seats. Is there any aftermarket seats available for the P500 ? Either bench or bucket but preferable a high back the goes up to the hard rubber OEM headrest. ? I don't mind some modding to make it work.

After some careful measuring I bit the bullet and Saturday (8/22/15) ordered a pair of BEARD Torque Suspension Seats for my Pioneer 500 they fit all the other sport SxS by simply bolting the OEM seat bases to them. These seats are dimensionally very very close as a pair to the OEM setup but should be FAR more comfortable. The P500 is a little different but I am resolved to make these seats work. I will remove the hard rubber headrest and these new seats will only be 1/2" above where the top of those headrests are. Going to fabricate some rails out of 1/4" thick 1.5" x 1.5" aluminum angle iron where they lock into the Honda front bottom center location and latch at the center back location where the OEM seat hook into up high. I will post some pics later this week once I get the mounting framework fabricated, seats should be quick release, unlatch the center (mid back where the OEM seats hook into) tip forward and lift up and back and viola.

Here is what the seats look like:

61hgzRwMMuL SL1200
With measurements:
34684d1434455214 seats go beard torque beard tz dragonfire beard

Last edited:
C

Chooglin

Looking forward to seeing these seats installed.............did you go with the black ones ?

advertisement
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Looking forward to seeing these seats installed.............did you go with the black ones ?

Yes the black ones since my P500 is green and black, if I had a red P500 I would have gotten the red ones :)

mrjeff42

mrjeff42

Mar 22, 2015
lagrange georgia
Ownership

1. 500
@JACKAL..... i like those seats... i have looked for seats but had no luck........ i am really interested in seeing some pictures.....

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
@JACKAL..... i like those seats... i have looked for seats but had no luck........ i am really interested in seeing some pictures.....

I will do a full write up on this with measurements and photos of how I attach them, it really will not be that hard once you see how I envision attaching them to the OEM mounting locations bottom front and center back with how easy they will go in and out many may say why didn't somebody think of this sooner.

These seats can be had on Amazon.com for $295 each free shipping, retail is $399 each, I think that price is a bargain for all the good comments of comfort they have received from drivers of all other makes of SxS.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DSGFY4A/?tag=sxsweb24-20

Reactions: mrjeff42
mrjeff42

mrjeff42

Mar 22, 2015
lagrange georgia
Ownership

1. 500
I will do a full write up on this with measurements and photos of how I attach them, it really will not be that hard once you see how I envision attaching them to the OEM mounting locations bottom front and center back with how easy they will go in and out many may say why didn't somebody think of this sooner.
thanks.... i am excited to see the seats installed....

C

Chooglin

You do realize you will need to put a tv in the p5 after you install those,there going to be so comfy you will want to kick back and watch some tv !!!

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
thats funny.... i do go and sit in mine sometimes....

That's why I will trade my Garmin Montana GPS for my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 as a GPS / NETFLIX viewing station.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Following.
I too am interested in this. I researched it for my P4 but never did it. Waiting on you to try it I guess. Cant wait to see how it works out.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Following.
I too am interested in this. I researched it for my P4 but never did it. Waiting on you to try it I guess. Cant wait to see how it works out.

We will know by this Thursday, seats coming in tomorrow via fed ex. Will need tomorrow and Wed to fabricate the rails and latches I want from aluminum.

p500fan

p500fan

Lifetime Member
Mar 30, 2015
Sand Point, AK
I'm looking forward to seeing the end results. I'm looking at Amazon right now. Are you planning to use a spring latch, or a camming system? Either way, I want to see the pics. This may be a shop project for my welding class. Ha!

Reactions: bobbyhill
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!