JayPo

JayPo

Somewhat Well-Known Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 15, 2020
Tennessee
Ownership

1. Other Brand
measured my tires. Center to center on the front tires is 41 1/2". The back is 40 1/2". So a single long rail on each side could not centered on both front and back tires. Might that be problematic? And those long rails are pricey!
Mount the e-track so that its 41" center to center and you'll be fine.

hallic

hallic

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2019
Central MN
Ownership

1. 500
measured my tires. Center to center on the front tires is 41 1/2". The back is 40 1/2". So a single long rail on each side could not centered on both front and back tires. Might that be problematic? And those long rails are pricey!
Like @JayPo said, mount the center of the rail at 41". Or, if you plan on getting bigger tires, go a bit wider apart. The straps themselves are about 2" wide and my front tires are 9" wide, backs are 11", so there's plenty of space for the strap to grab tire tread. They don't have to be perfectly centered, just close enough. That's the other benefit of doing all 4 tires, once it's strapped down it's not moving.

But yeah, went up in price a bit. I got lucky and caught a good sale a while ago, and got 20 feet of e-track, 4 straps, and a bunch of other e-track hookups for well under $100. Unfortunately, it's the "vertical" style, and not "horizontal" style, so It has less places to hook into, but still works.
If you are going this route, look for an e-track kit, with 4x 5' rails. Usually cheaper than trying to get 2 long ones. Quick Amazon search looks like you can still get a 4 pack of 5' rails for about $100 or so.

JMynes

JMynes

Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2021
Augusta, Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
E-track is awesome stuff. I’ve had it in two trailers. But not my current one.
I have a dump trailer and dirt would fill the E-track, so I have loops front and rear of each wheel for the wheel nets.
If it were any other kind of trailer I would use E-track.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
E-track is awesome stuff. I’ve had it in two trailers. But not my current one.
I have a dump trailer and dirt would fill the E-track, so I have loops front and rear of each wheel for the wheel nets.
If it were any other kind of trailer I would use E-track.
I have a 18 footer that I use for everything, fire wood, mulch, dirt, furniture, our S X S, Zero Turn, 4 wheeler and tractor, all are different widths, no E track for me.:confused: I had 6,000 LBS D rings welded to my trailer in 6 different places to accommodate my different requirements, I tie off my S X S to the closest center point on the A arms, works great, survived a 50 mph head on.

HiFive

HiFive

Apr 17, 2019
West Central Fl.
Ownership

1. 500
What trigger said use holes in frame to ratchet down.

1020201125 1009201456

JMynes

JMynes

Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2021
Augusta, Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Straps should pull the machine down to the trailer deck, not up over a railing.
And get yourself some 2” straps. If you wreck, those 1” straps are going to snap like dental floss and the SxS is going to be in the front seat with you.
You’re not just carrying the SxS on a trailer, you have to secure it to the trailer so it stays there in a worst case scenario.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
My only concern with the E Track is securing the rails to the aluminum trailer deck. I plan to use 1/2 inch sheet metal screws. I assume LocTite doesn't do much to help with that application.

I would bolt through and consider plates on the underside.

JMynes

JMynes

Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2021
Augusta, Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would use machine screws. 1/4-20 if they fit through the E-track holes. Fender washers under the deck, and nylock nuts. Backing plates at each end of each E-track strip, and wherever each tie down fixture is installed.
Overkill? Most every day, yes, it’s overkill. But one day it could be the best decision you made about your trailer.

HiFive

HiFive

Apr 17, 2019
West Central Fl.
Ownership

1. 500
Straps should pull the machine down to the trailer deck, not up over a railing.
And get yourself some 2” straps. If you wreck, those 1” straps are going to snap like dental floss and the SxS is going to be in the front seat with you.
You’re not just carrying the SxS on a trailer, you have to secure it to the trailer so it stays there in a worst case scenario.
Thanks for the info.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!