Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
If you know what you are going to haul and where the tie down points need to be then why use etrack? Just install 4 heavy duty D rings with proper bolt through to the trailer frame. No screws...use bolts.

To allow for options. I don't have E track installed in mine but can see the beauty of it for hauling options. Set mine up specifically for the machine but have hauled several other things over the yrs and wish I'd installed E track. To accommodate the same amount of pick points, you'd have D rings installed all over the place.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
To allow for options. I don't have E track installed in mine but can see the beauty of it for hauling options. Set mine up specifically for the machine but have hauled several other things over the yrs and wish I'd installed E track. To accommodate the same amount of pick points, you'd have D rings installed all over the place.
Yep, sometimes I'm carrying extra 'stuff', sometimes I'm not - insert overposted pic of fuel in front of the buggy vs empty for day rides, a 9" difference in position because of RV tongue weight limitations (so I can't just ignore the difference).

M

mpilihp

Aug 13, 2021
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-4
I use my trailer to haul multiple things so I use the D rings provided on the trailer. I use large 2 inch ratchet straps and I attach on the a-arms by the wheels so there is little to no flex and loosing of the straps as the rig bounces. I also have a couple extra straps so in total its held by 6 straps, one at each wheel and then one in the front and one in the back. Those two could loosen as it bounces but they are the extra safety ones and Ive never had one fall off/come disconnected.

J

JP51

Jun 24, 2022
Texas
Ownership

1. 500
Get 4 or get a lawyer, your choice.
Safety should not be done halfway. My trailer affords a great way to secure the front end now. I only need the nets for the rear tires.
Get 4 or get a lawyer, your choice.
Safety should not be done halfway.
Who Said I wasn't securing all 4 wheels? Planning was for 2 of these bonnets for the rear and a different method for the front wheels.

J

JP51

Jun 24, 2022
Texas
Ownership

1. 500
Now let's talk about securing the rails to the 2x6 deck.

E-trailer sells a "backing plate", but a tad pricey at $10/each. Why wouldn't 1/4" bolts (same size as the rail mounting holes) with 1/8" thick fender washers placed at every mounting hole work just as well?

Last edited:
Bandman

Bandman

Jul 17, 2021
Hayden Lake, ID
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hillbilly Brake is a gizmo that locks your brake pedal down. If you have a manual parking brake, you don’t need the HB. P1000 don’t come with a parking brake 🤔
I use 4 wheel nets. If you wreck, you want the machine to stay on the trailer no matter what. You DO NOT want it in the front seat with you. Or in somebody else’s front seat.
Check out Ratchet Straps | Tie Down Straps | Custom Made Ratchet Straps
You can have them custom make straps exactly to fit your needs. And the price isn't horrible.
Great looking equipment but $40 to ship $103 worth of product? I’ll keep looking.

D

Dj2833

Jul 31, 2020
Suffolk County, NY
Ownership

1. 500
My trailer is 5'6" x 10" with 2x6 flooring. Big enough. I hauled "Scooter" to my deer lease and had no real issues.

But I was only able to put a ratchet strap across the "winch area" up front. Where should I strap it down in back? Once I get a hitch, I suppose that would be a good thing to tie down to, but I read it's only good for 100# of tounge weight.

I put the manual brake on, but the P500 seemed to rock front to back a little more than I'd like. I had the manual parking brake on:
- Supposed to you leave it in "drive" or put it in "neutral"?
- Do you put wheel chocks on all 4-tires?

Thougts appreciated.
I have 4 of these retractable straps bolted directly to my trailer. I use motorcycle tie down loops around frame and clasp the strap on. It’s that easy. As fast as you can unclasp that hook is all it takes to unload. Life is so much better 😀

4C37D8DE 2182 4052 AD8A 63217FB69262 3CB8C078 5F9C 4A8A B910 E1FDBBB877F6

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
My trailer is 5'6" x 10" with 2x6 flooring. Big enough. I hauled "Scooter" to my deer lease and had no real issues.

But I was only able to put a ratchet strap across the "winch area" up front. Where should I strap it down in back? Once I get a hitch, I suppose that would be a good thing to tie down to, but I read it's only good for 100# of tounge weight.

I put the manual brake on, but the P500 seemed to rock front to back a little more than I'd like. I had the manual parking brake on:
- Supposed to you leave it in "drive" or put it in "neutral"?
- Do you put wheel chocks on all 4-tires?

Thougts appreciated.
Rear

Front

R

Rdrcr

Aug 16, 2022
WA
Ownership

1. 520
I've been using US Ratchet Straps hold-downs;

They're strong and easy to use.

Mike

Reactions: Biteme

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!