L2R

Understanding women Vol. 1
Lifetime Member
Feb 16, 2019
East of the Appalachians
Ownership

1. 700-4
Can these be easily hot wired?
Haven't given that any thought until now.

If so, then a kill switch would be cheap and easy enough- if I could find a place inline, easy to reach but not easily seen.

I guess those who own honda's and fords should be on top of this and have some ideas how to stop this.

Those with chevy's and plymouths probably don't worry about such things and just play the odds knowing it's a 50/50 chance it wouldn't start anyway :D:D:D:D

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3

If so, then a kill switch would be cheap and easy enough- if I could find a place inline, easy to reach but not easily seen.

I guess those who own honda's and fords should be on top of this and have some ideas how to stop this.

Those with chevy's and plymouths probably don't worry about such things and just play the odds knowing it's a 50/50 chance it wouldn't start anyway :D:D:D:D
I have a master kill switch under the hood hidden in the corner. If I had to leave it out somewhere I can shut the whole machine down. I've used it once. I have the hillbilly break which can be locked. That's really probably the best option of any.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

M

Mygreenhonda

Jun 26, 2019
Virginia
Ownership

1. 500
God forbid someone stealing your machine but apparently this does happen on occasion. What do you do preventive wise to secure your machines against theft? Is there a way to lock it to your trailer or some type of car alarm install? Thanks
FIN gps tracker I have one it is great!!! I will tell you when you’re bike is moved great if you have KIDS

aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a master kill switch under the hood hidden in the corner. If I had to leave it out somewhere I can shut the whole machine down. I've used it once. I have the hillbilly break which can be locked. That's really probably the best option of any.

Which corner? :D:D

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
i take the battery off mine when i go to work for 14 days but i live in a place that i can keep my door unlocked and no one messes with me. but then again it might be cause im almost always seen packing a gun or something around my house to truck. or the videos i post target shooting the bfr .500. i run a 800cca marine battery on the tailgate 2 nuts and lift and toss it in my camper.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Plumber32
70Bones

70Bones

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2017
New Brunswick Canada

I sometimes travel on my BMW motorcycle. Security at night for me is parking beside a Harley Davidson. I could leave the key in my bike, guys like Delton's step son would still steal the HDs...

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

I keep unusual work hours, thieves have no time track when I'm going to be home. Plus I keep it a locked shop and if the pups heard it start they would go nuts! HA!

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
FIN gps tracker I have one it is great!!! I will tell you when you’re bike is moved great if you have KIDS
My only child is a dog. But Welcome to the Forum friend.
91CB87CE 3AB3 4891 8296 1C71D1301F5F

aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Back left. It's pretty easy to find. If a thief wants to spend that much time they will load it up anyway.

Yeah I agree totally. This is my first SxS but I’ve built lots of golf carts and they all had kill switches. When I was younger we would even put kill switches on the stereo systems we had for when friends borrowed your car. The cigarette lighter disconnect was probably the best

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Since my last comment I've invested in a rzr tracker. I get text/email alerts if the wind blows and rocks vehicle lol. It gives me GPS coordinates and address too. Best peace of mind money I've ever spent.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Leave some empty shell casings in the floorboard. But no key and in a gear, and theft insurance is my way. We need some “GPS Tracked” stickers made up like the NTC ones.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Leave some empty shell casings in the floorboard. But no key and in a gear, and theft insurance is my way. We need some “GPS Tracked” stickers made up like the NTC ones.
I'm way ahead of ya

Reactions: Plumber32
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!