100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
God forbid someone stealing your machine but apparently this does happen on occasion. What do you do preventive wise to secure your machines against theft? Is there a way to lock it to your trailer or some type of car alarm install? Thanks

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
God forbid someone stealing your machine but apparently this does happen on occasion. What do you do preventive wise to secure your machines against theft? Is there a way to lock it to your trailer or some type of car alarm install? Thanks
Don't fall in love with your machine and get good insurance on it. A meth head can steal anything.

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
We used to run a chain through the wheels on all ATV's and then secured it. They would have to take all or nothing and playing with the chain would make a lot of noise too. Guess could do the same with the Pioneer if you had alloy wheels.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
They make wire beak tamper alarm. I used this once or twice in WV. But if your not around or secluded kinda pointless as they are loud but not super loud.

I think it would be fun to install a gps tracker. Then go fox hunting.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

J

Jimmy-AZ

Lifetime Member
May 9, 2017
Gold Canyon, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a directional charge under the seat.. if you don't start it in the right sequence the charge detonates and blasts the would be thief out of the machine in a fine pink mist!

LOL, good idea. I did a 20 foot chain through the wheels and A arms but they stole my power steering on my can am. Go figure

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have a directional charge under the seat.. if you don't start it in the right sequence the charge detonates and blasts the would be thief out of the machine in a fine pink mist!
Same here, and I keep it blocked in with no key.I used to have and anchoring spot in ground but my wife taught me the Pioneers are torquey, and ripped it out of the ground:D

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lead Enema!

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just inside the door to my shop I used to put down 2 1x6 boards with several 10 penny nails sticking through them. Then my stepson went to prison so I stopped doing it. He gets out in Nov so guess I'll start doing it again then lol.

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Just inside the door to my shop I used to put down 2 1x6 boards with several 10 penny nails sticking through them. Then my stepson went to prison so I stopped doing it. He gets out in Nov so guess I'll start doing it again then lol.
HaHa...9 out 10 people that rip ya off
....are friends or family...,True statement. ...
go see the judge...maybe a few un....kind words
...will keep him there...a little while longer...

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
consider using drywall screws....

G

Grizzbut

Aug 19, 2016
New Mexico
Ownership

1. 500

"Pink" mist. very odd specific detail there. I can only get mine to blow them to the color of smitherines. Hard to describe and even harder to clean up.

Reactions: Plumber32 and JTW
U

uconn411

Mar 24, 2016
CT
I would suggest if you have Verizon a kids watch called GizmoPal 2. It costs about $30 refurbished on EBay. With Verizon, it's only another $5 a month on your plan. Battery lasts 4-5 days. Then you can just throw it in a saddle bag and be able to track your SXS it if it gets stolen. Of course I let my daughter use this watch, gps example attached. You can either have it give you a location check up to 10 times a day, or you can also do it on demand, anytime you want. 449e32ddc04e4231c09835bb137cc0bd

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I hide the key and carry good insurance. I don't want them unbolting anything to take it. Just take the whole damn thing and I don't want it back. You can spend your life trying to deter a thief or Pay the deductible and have a brand new machine. I used to bolt and chain things but decided all the hassle was really just helping the insurance company.

J

JTW

I hide the key and carry good insurance. I don't want them unbolting anything to take it. Just take the whole damn thing and I don't want it back. You can spend your life trying to deter a thief or Pay the deductible and have a brand new machine. I used to bolt and chain things but decided all the hassle was really just helping the insurance company.
You've got a point!

Reactions: Plumber32 and sharp

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!