JiminAZ

Lifetime Member
Sep 28, 2019
Phoenix, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
HI JiminAZ,

Two things:

1. I'm Also in AZ, Tuc, and I was wondering where you got the extender - online or somewhere in AZ?

2. I was dead set on the JEI, but now that I've seen this I'm torn. The JEI, to me, looks much more sturdier, but not seeing either one in person I could be wrong. For the most part I will always have it extended, so the fold up inst that important, but the Siezmic just looks sweet.
Jman, sorry to take so long to reply. Been busy with the virus thing etc.

I bought mine from someone on Ebay IIRC. They were a little hard to find at the time. Not a big fan of sending my $$ to China but that's what we face these days.

I don't know about the JEI, but the Seizmek is plenty sturdy. I looked at the welds and they are certainly sufficient. I would also say (as a Mechanical Engineer) that the design itself is mechanically stout.

I have loaded a fair amount of stuff on it and nothing has bent or moved or given way. I have hung my full 260 lb weight from it repeatedly testing shocks and such with no noticable effects. Since the side rails are tied back into the bed frame, it just doesn't defect under load.

And I really like how it folds up for storage.

Reactions: ChadD
jmanAZ

jmanAZ

Jan 14, 2020
tucson
Ownership

1. 700-4
Jman, sorry to take so long to reply. Been busy with the virus thing etc.

I bought mine from someone on Ebay IIRC. They were a little hard to find at the time. Not a big fan of sending my $$ to China but that's what we face these days.

I don't know about the JEI, but the Seizmek is plenty sturdy. I looked at the welds and they are certainly sufficient. I would also say (as a Mechanical Engineer) that the design itself is mechanically stout.

I have loaded a fair amount of stuff on it and nothing has bent or moved or given way. I have hung my full 260 lb weight from it repeatedly testing shocks and such with no noticable effects. Since the side rails are tied back into the bed frame, it just doesn't defect under load.

And I really like how it folds up for storage.
ok, thanks for replying and the info.

C

Corey555

Aug 15, 2020
Columbus, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I installed my Seizmik bed extender yesterday without seeing this post. I agree the threaded pivot needs to be fixed otherwise it is just a matter of time before it chews through the plastic bushing. I’ll try the same shoulder bolt so thanks for sharing.

I had another issue where it won’t fold flat against the tailgate. It seems the rubber stoppers are way too long. Does anyone know if the tailgate changed for 2020?

Here are some pictures of it at the flattest it would fold. It seems the the plastic ribs and rubber damper aren’t lined up properly. I sent an email to their support and hopefully can get ahold of them this week.
F9B862D9 B266 438A 875B D8341AED7BEC
365BCA15 481A 44B0 A6A2 7F21A164988A

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I installed my Seizmik bed extender yesterday without seeing this post. I agree the threaded pivot needs to be fixed otherwise it is just a matter of time before it chews through the plastic bushing. I’ll try the same shoulder bolt so thanks for sharing.

I had another issue where it won’t fold flat against the tailgate. It seems the rubber stoppers are way too long. Does anyone know if the tailgate changed for 2020?

Here are some pictures of it at the flattest it would fold. It seems the the plastic ribs and rubber damper aren’t lined up properly. I sent an email to their support and hopefully can get ahold of them this week.
.View attachment 249451View attachment 249452
I installed it on my 2021 without issue, lays flat.

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ran out to the shop and took a few pics, I wonder if something isn’t installed wrong or maybe fold the arms in a different order then you did.

DE54730E 6CBB 4229 83B5 E2DA65614542
C8E02F41 13B1 476C 89F8 638BE6DDBED7
D2F75D38 B05A 4B22 9F9A 3BF57FA29553

Last edited:
T

TXshooter3

Jul 23, 2019
Dallas, TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looking at buying one of these. Does it rattle when either folded up or deployed? I use my 1000-5 for deer hunting so I don't want a ton of extra noise. Thanks!

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looking at buying one of these. Does it rattle when either folded up or deployed? I use my 1000-5 for deer hunting so I don't want a ton of extra noise. Thanks!
I’ve never heard mine rattle but it may over time, but I wouldn’t about a rattle since it’ll be minor compared to the engine and trans.

JiminAZ

JiminAZ

Lifetime Member
Sep 28, 2019
Phoenix, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It doesn’t rattle. Sits on rubber bushings when folded and the design is sprung a bit when deployed.

It only rattled when I lost the bolt as described in my OP.

T

TXshooter3

Jul 23, 2019
Dallas, TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It doesn’t rattle. Sits on rubber bushings when folded and the design is sprung a bit when deployed.

It only rattled when I lost the bolt as described in my OP.
Thanks for the quick reply. I had a couple more questions if you don't mind:

1. How long did the install take you?

2. Is the tailgate sturdy? I was originally looking into a steel tailgate because my oem tailgate almost gives out when I stand on it and I only weigh 190 lbs. If I install this, can I stand on it to fill a feeder?

Thanks!

JiminAZ

JiminAZ

Lifetime Member
Sep 28, 2019
Phoenix, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
1) maybe 2 hours max
2) It is sturdy if you attach the side arms. I would not stand on it unless they were attached.

E

Eleroo

Mar 14, 2021
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you JiminAZ! This post was very helpful! I did this today after losing a nut due to the OEM fastener not engaging the nylon on the nut. My bushings were pretty chewed up after about 100 miles. I agree this will be a big improvement over the original pivots. Also used thread locker on all the fasteners. Thanks for posting this. I also snagged a photo of the bolt info from Ace in case anyone needs help finding it.

E260F49B A08B 4DFB B2C6 ECE0E61AB6CC

Reactions: Lady01 and JiminAZ
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!