P1000 Seizmik Versa Vent Windshield

Schmeg

Schmeg

Jan 9, 2020
Bangor Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Getting ready to purchase a new windshield for a P1K5. Living in Maine we see a lot of 50-75 degree days even in the summer. Lots of dusty roads too. Some days get to 90 but not many. Mostly good riding days are 75-85. Is anyone here running this windshield and how’s it working out for heat levels, dust control with appropriate back panel. Any one using it with soft upper Doors either Seizmik or Honda? Just looking for input. I know a lot of people are using the SATV flip up but I am interested in using the Seizmik soft upper doors and apparently there is an incompatibility with the SATV flip with those doors. Thanks, Jay

Reactions: Lady01 and Russ989
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Getting ready to purchase a new windshield for a P1K5. Living in Maine we see a lot of 50-75 degree days even in the summer. Lots of dusty roads too. Some days get to 90 but not many. Mostly good riding days are 75-85. Is anyone here running this windshield and how’s it working out for heat levels, dust control with appropriate back panel. Any one using it with soft upper Doors either Seizmik or Honda? Just looking for input. I know a lot of people are using the SATV flip up but I am interested in using the Seizmik soft upper doors and apparently there is an incompatibility with the SATV flip with those doors. Thanks, Jay

Good looking windshield. I don’t think the Seizmik upper doors work with the SATV windshield, I checked awhile back because I like the Seizmik doors better than the Honda doors. As far as people running them, I know there are a few 700’s using them and I haven’t heard any complaints. 😉

Reactions: Lady01
M

MReihl

Jun 18, 2018
Mid Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Good looking windshield. I don’t think the Seizmik upper doors work with the SATV windshield, I checked awhile back because I like the Seizmik doors better than the Honda doors. As far as people running them, I know there are a few 700’s using them and I haven’t heard any complaints. 😉
I have the Seizmik Versa Vent windshield and I think it works great. I was amazed at how much air flow actually comes through the vents. The positive airflow in the cab area helps minimize dust. The vents allow you to control the air flow on you, up the windshield or to close it off completely. Also the windshield has been much better at resisting scratches than the Honda hard coat that I had on my other P1000.
I had also planned on installing the Seizmik upper doors and just installed the upper side panels from sxs enclosures, because they zip on and off so easy for warm weather. The down side is zipping the window open/shut when entering/exiting the vehicle.

Reactions: Lady01 and Russ989
B

BBLASER

Nov 11, 2018
Phoenix
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yup, I have the seizmik windshield as well. I have had it for over a year now and it has held up great. The vents work as advertised. They even defrost the windshield pretty damn quick.

Reactions: Lady01 and MReihl
BVerhulst

BVerhulst

Jul 3, 2018
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
An option to consider: I have the SuperATV split windshield that flips up to varying degrees (you'll can easily find lots of rave reviews for them on this forum), and I installed the seizmik vents on the lower portion. It was pretty easy to do with the proper tools, if you're willing to cut into a ~$400 windshield.
IMG 2501

aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The Seizmik full vented windshield was first one I purchased. After a few mud rides I switched to SATV flip up. The Seizmik is good but the dust was killing me because I wasn’t able to run rear panel. The vents let in air great but I wasn’t able to slow the dust down enough when at the lake.
If you’re close to GA I can make you a great deal on it. Also have Honda half windshield on shelf that was on Pioneer when I bought it

Schmeg

Schmeg

Jan 9, 2020
Bangor Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I live in Maine so GA is a bit far. Dust is an issue for us as well which concerns me with the Seizmik, but I think we may go for a full soft cab setup. I prefer the Seizmik doors, but may have to go with Honda doors and SATV flip. Still on the fence. I like the idea of how the SATV flip works, but I like the clean setup of the Seizmik. But dust and heat control are a priority. We don’t ride on rainy day, so weather protection isn‘t an issue.

D

Dwayne683

May 8, 2020
Johnson City, Tn
Ownership

1. 700-2
The Seizmik full vented windshield was first one I purchased. After a few mud rides I switched to SATV flip up. The Seizmik is good but the dust was killing me because I wasn’t able to run rear panel. The vents let in air great but I wasn’t able to slow the dust down enough when at the lake.
If you’re close to GA I can make you a great deal on it. Also have Honda half windshield on shelf that was on Pioneer when I bought it
Hello aauman88, I'm in Tennessee, still have the Seizmik for sale?

advertisement
aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not directly but may could mod it too

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
An option to consider: I have the SuperATV split windshield that flips up to varying degrees (you'll can easily find lots of rave reviews for them on this forum), and I installed the seizmik vents on the lower portion. It was pretty easy to do with the proper tools, if you're willing to cut into a ~$400 windshield.
View attachment 189346
Would you mind letting me know the dimensions for the seizmic vents on your windshield? I have a flip up windshield but not sure it's the Super atv and want to make sure these vents will fit. Thanks

Prntckt

Prntckt

Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2020
Altoona, WI
Ownership

1. Talon X4

I cut in two VersaVents in my Honda OEM windshield and have been very satified with their performance

Reactions: WagginTail
WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I cut in two VersaVents in my Honda OEM windshield and have been very satified with their performance
Awesome. Would you mind posting the dimensions of the vents? Their website doesn't show the dimensions.

S

Softy1979

Jan 14, 2021
Ontario Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 189346
Does this help with the dust a lot? I have the same windshield and the dust is awful swirling in from the back

Reactions: Smitty335
BVerhulst

BVerhulst

Jul 3, 2018
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does this help with the dust a lot? I have the same windshield and the dust is awful swirling in from the back
I haven't been out on dusty roads much, so I can't attest (yet) to the effectiveness of these small vents on dust and cabin pressure. I think / hope it will. I can tell a significant difference with the amount of exhaust that I smell swirling into the cab area. FWIW, I also have a roof vent / scoop that I can open, as well as the rear vinyl "window" (Honda brand). That's a lot of variables to consider.

Plowboy1466

Plowboy1466

Lifetime Member
Feb 11, 2018
Ashland, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Check out the 801 window. I'm super impressed with mine!

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!