P1000 Septic snorkel

Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
So I got bored at the shop a few nights ago and the hardware stores all closed. Well I got a few beverages and started rummaging through the shop and junk bin. I managed to fab up a snorkel from a septic hose kit, some rescue tape and a old back back blower. I pretty much just cut the top off of pre filter box. Used the attachment for the septic hose and slipped it down on the intake, ran the septic hose around and up to the cup holder.

Now this point I was stumped until I tripped over my broken back pack blower I took the 90 and flexible section and stuffed it into the cup holder hell looks like it was made to fit. My entire reason for not running the pipe into the dash was if I hit something hard enough I want it to flex so as not to crack dash. Now I just gotta monstaliner the pipe and add a snorkel end.

Now I may buy some 3 inch silicone hose and do this over some time but I can't imagine this set up giving out any time soon.

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Mac

Reactions: joeymt33
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I got bored at the shop a few nights ago and the hardware stores all closed. Well I got a few beverages and started rummaging through the shop and junk bin. I managed to fab up a snorkel from a septic hose kit, some rescue tape and a old back back blower. I pretty much just cut the top off of pre filter box. Used the attachment for the septic hose and slipped it down on the intake, ran the septic hose around and up to the cup holder.

Now this point I was stumped until I tripped over my broken back pack blower I took the 90 and flexible section and stuffed it into the cup holder hell looks like it was made to fit. My entire reason for not running the pipe into the dash was if I hit something hard enough I want it to flex so as not to crack dash. Now I just gotta monstaliner the pipe and add a snorkel end.

Now I may buy some 3 inch silicone hose and do this over some time but I can't imagine this set up giving out any time soon.
Pics or it never happened!! Lol. Just kidding but I would love to see what you did.

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Good Job!!! that is the reason my wife calls me a hoarder because I do the same thing! I'll save things just to see if I can find a home for it!

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nice! Everything looks factory except for piping running up the rollbar. I bet you'll see some improvement from removing the prefilter. I'm betting it is smothering engine.

Bonehead69

Bonehead69

Nov 4, 2015
So you didn't even have to cut any holes?

Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
No not other than the pre filter box. Which I would just order an additional In case you had to take it in for warranty issues if you are worried about it.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!