P1000m5 Service by the manual, or by the dealership recommendation?

J

jaredkbyrd

Apr 18, 2019
Seagrove, NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 2019 1000-5 that I just bought a little over a month ago. I have 105 miles and 16.4 hours on the unit. I loaded it up to take to the dealer for the first service, as recommended by the manual (100 miles or 20 hours, whichever comes first) and the service manager told me if it was his unit, he wouldn't service it for the first time until it had 30 hours (regardless of miles).

Anyone else had a similar experience? Of course they said they would service it if I wanted, but again, they said don't spend the money on the break in service until it actually needed it around 30 hours.

Reactions: BWAF
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 2019 1000-5 that I just bought a little over a month ago. I have 105 miles and 16.4 hours on the unit. I loaded it up to take to the dealer for the first service, as recommended by the manual (100 miles or 20 hours, whichever comes first) and the service manager told me if it was his unit, he wouldn't service it for the first time until it had 30 hours (regardless of miles).

Anyone else had a similar experience? Of course they said they would service it if I wanted, but again, they said don't spend the money on the break in service until it actually needed it around 30 hours.
Honda employs highly educated engineers to develop their systems.
I would follow the manual and not the dealer's advise.

Reactions: BWAF and dnjones161
S

sjolly

Apr 16, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What are the dealerships going rate to do the first 100 mile service recommended by the manual? Im getting close to the 100 mile mark and will be checking on getting mine serviced.

Reactions: BWAF

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!