P1000 Share your Pioneer 1000 Photo's

A

Andy

Sep 28, 2015
As the pitch of the whine was not changing with engine speed I would guess its the rear end gears.
The 500 and 700 both have loud gears because of the way they are cut.
Huh? The pitch is changing constantly in the video. It is definitely the engine. I left it in park and reved the engine and it sounds the same. You can tell when you are actually driving it.

Reactions: Biteme
ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Huh? The pitch is changing constantly in the video. It is definitely the engine. I left it in park and reved the engine and it sounds the same. You can tell when you are actually driving it.

so you leave your driveway and in 2 minutes are on trails? I envy you folks who live where riding isn't a road trip.

beautiful machine. Best of luck with it

Reactions: Biteme and Farmer
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

What I meant was it seems to be following wheel speed not engine speed. The pitch of the whine changes smoothly with vehicle speed. If it were engine whine there would be a marked increase and decrease with downshifts and upshifts as the engine speed would change significantly enough for the pitch of the whine to change due to gear ratios.

See the video of my 700 for an example,

Part of the whine is the GoPro when I isolate mine from vibrations it doesn't pick it up the ROPS transmits/conducts all the mechanical noise into it.

Reactions: Biteme and Duramax
AppleCreek

AppleCreek

Lifetime Member
Oct 28, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. 1000-5
Picked ours up yesterday. Just stopped by dealer to look, I was planning on ordering a different color but couldn't wait :) I am new to SXS, but I can't imagine it getting much better than this. Took the whole family (5 of us) for a ride tonight. It handled beautifully. My wife, who is not an outside kinda girl, says we may have to start trail riding. I was amazed at how smooth the ride was. My daughter fell asleep while we were cruising through the woods.

dustcole9

dustcole9

Mar 29, 2015
Love this machine!!

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Welcome to the Club @AppleCreek !!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
You're going to love it! You've made the best decision on rigs in my honest opinion. Now go enjoy that beast and let everyone know your thoughts

educ8tedguess

educ8tedguess

Lifetime Member
Oct 16, 2015
Spring Grove Illinois
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
I didn't get much time to play on it today but I am surprised how smooth and quiet this thing is. The shifting is awesome and when you get into it, even the sound is impressive. I can't wait to get it on the trails and see what it can do.

J

Jdean

Oct 21, 2015
Got mine in earlier this week down in Texas. I've put around 25 miles on it already. Everything you could ask for so far: smooth shifting, quiet, fast, great engine braking. Transmission seems stout and it always knows what gear to be in. Sport mode is throaty and aggressive. Looking forward to putting winch on it (once kfi comes out with a plate) and later add underbody skid, a-arm plates, and roof.

P

posterboy

Got mine in earlier this week down in Texas. I've put around 25 miles on it already. Everything you could ask for so far: smooth shifting, quiet, fast, great engine braking. Transmission seems stout and it always knows what gear to be in. Sport mode is throaty and aggressive. Looking forward to putting winch on it (once kfi comes out with a plate) and later add underbody skid, a-arm plates, and roof. View attachment 7230 View attachment 7231

according tho KFI's Facebook it looks as though they have one designed already and are getting protos made. Man this machine is awesome.

wilson111

wilson111

Jun 11, 2015
SC
You wasted no time getting it stuck. How did it perform in the mud compared to that Polaris Ranger?
It did great in the mud! Ranger was 900 crew cab that was sliding while winching so had to use 2 winches. The other winch was on my old gator RSX and he smoked the belt bc he was reversing while winching!

F

Fullthrottle

Oct 5, 2015
It did great in the mud! Ranger was 900 crew cab that was sliding while winching so had to use 2 winches. The other winch was on my old gator RSX and he smoked the belt bc he was reversing while winching!
I cant believe they dont come with a winch. Honda knows better. Should be some kind of dealer special on winches. That bumper wont last pulling on it in surprised you didnt rip it off.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!