P1000 Share your Pioneer 1000 Photo's

N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just got my red... hydro dipped camo.

Oh Ya....that is very nice. I too think the camo is superior looking. Not very familiar with the process, is the finish pretty hardy? I see you have the glass windshield too, any thoughts or comments about it? Love the wheels too. Excellent.

Reactions: Biteme
jcothren

jcothren

Aug 28, 2015
Oh Ya....that is very nice. I too think the camo is superior looking. Not very familiar with the process, is the finish pretty hardy? I see you have the glass windshield too, any thoughts or comments about it? Love the wheels too. Excellent.
The place that dipped my camo (liquid concepts in Arkansas) said that it is the same process Honda does for its camo. But they put a couple of extra clear coats on mine to keep from scratching. They garantee it to hold up. As for the glass window, it's very nice looking and the only way to go if you don't want scratches on it.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The place that dipped my camo (liquid concepts in Arkansas) said that it is the same process Honda does for its camo. But they put a couple of extra clear coats on mine to keep from scratching. They garantee it to hold up. As for the glass window, it's very nice looking and the only way to go if you don't want scratches on it.
Where in Arkansas? I live in NW Ark and was going to just wrap mine.

ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I'm also into audio equipment and we have a saying. Upgradis= the need to upgrade
Right now my 500 , as much as I like it, is looking kinda like a trade in

HivoltageHonda

HivoltageHonda

Aug 6, 2015
Hernando, MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Where at in Arkansas? I live just south of Memphis so not far. If my camo gets pushed back then I'll just by a red and get it hydro dipped like you did.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Checking deer cams and cows. 7e8c62dfba4aaf6b2d28bd77575c19a0

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got my 2 sets of rigid pods installed last night for deer season. Light bars and rear lights still coming. 40de01ba5c75b26a8d247bdb0db124ea
5128b49a6b6c9e43ff5f36ee9e919d2b

winnscollision

winnscollision

Aug 24, 2013
Saluda SC
Got my 2 sets of rigid pods installed last night for deer season. Light bars and rear lights still coming. 40de01ba5c75b26a8d247bdb0db124ea
5128b49a6b6c9e43ff5f36ee9e919d2b
How do you like the soft doors? Do they shut tight? Stay shut? If you had the 700 with the same enclosure and windshield how does it compare??

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I haven't had the 700. The doors needed a lot of adjusting. I had the dealer install them and let me say, less than impressed. A couple friends and I worked on them the other night and they are MUCH better. Still worries me and I won't drive over 55 towing it. In case the rears pop open. The top of the fronts tries to bow out some at speed also. Overall, they are ok. Not sure $1000 good, but ok...

jcothren

jcothren

Aug 28, 2015
I took the Rollcage off the back and removed the roof and added the 3P roof.

Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I like your glass windshield and am going to update my Spring order to glass also.

F

Fullthrottle

Oct 5, 2015
Are these machines sucking dust into the cab with windshields installed? My teryx cant have a windshield in dusty conditions it will literally dust your engine and you.

DTAGG

DTAGG

Sep 11, 2015
ST GEORGE UTAH/ACCORD LAKES SEVIER COUNTY UTAH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Are these machines sucking dust into the cab with windshields installed? My teryx cant have a windshield in dusty conditions it will literally dust your engine and you.
mine did so i installed my midpanel and it cut the dust by 70% i also added a rear back panel that cut it down even more.my next ride will tell the tell. but i thot of adding vents in front to create positive cabin pressure that will force the dust out . haven't come up with that design yet. i may only use my windshield in winter on cold days and remove it for summer .

Last edited:
F

Fullthrottle

Oct 5, 2015
View attachment 7840
mine did so i installed my midpanel and it cut the dust by 70% i also added a rear back panel that cut it down even more.my next ride will tell the tell. but i thot of adding vents in front to create positive cabin pressure that will force the dust out . haven't come up with that design yet. i may only use my windshield in winter on cold days and remove it for summer .
Yah seems they all do it. The air intake is under hood isnt it on honda? Wont be as much a issue as with my year of teryx where dust comes pouring up behind seats and straight into engine behind middle console.

J

Jack39

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 12, 2015
Wareham, MA (near cape cod)
Well, Ohanacreek, you say it won't be long before people would be getting rid of their Teryx, I traded my '15 with 200 miles on it for a P1k the day my dealer got one in to try. The Teryx was like riding a Harley, very noisy and lots of vibration! Another week and a half and I should have mine. Oh, to be able to communicate with my passenger orally, instead of sigh language!

• Haha
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well, Ohanacreek, you say it won't be long before people would be getting rid of their Teryx, I traded my '15 with 200 miles on it for a P1k the day my dealer got one in to try. The Teryx was like riding a Harley, very noisy and lots of vibration! Another week and a half and I should have mine. Oh, to be able to communicate with my passenger orally, instead of sigh language!

Ha welcome to the Pioneer family, I have an uncle who bought a Harley to ride around town and to local bike nights, but had a pristine Goldwing he had ridden to Alaska among many many more miles.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!